A Bigger Plan

Snowman999

Hamas attacked Israel and killed 1400. Israel is now going to destroy Hamas. All the huge protests, screaming, taking over buildings won't change that. I personally think there won't be a Hamas member left standing. At least I hope not.

Was this attack a prelude to something bigger?

What did Hamas expect to accomplish on Oct 7? Killing and taking hostages isn't a winning strategy, if that's your only strategy.

I'm calling it now (I thought this on Oct 8) CHINA.

A bigger plan..yeah, we dont do that here. the best 'plan-et' we got, is this 'Earth' thing they keep pushin on us.

Not a full plan , just a collection of scattered utopian ideas really..our little blue plan-ette.... planet.

Israel is now going to destroy Hamas.
And tens of thousands of innocent non combatant men, women, and children. Not to mention their homes, businesses, infrastructure, every day lives, and their future.

All the huge protests, screaming, taking over buildings won't change that.
The protests are not about Hamas being destroyed. They're about what I mentioned above. I mention this because the way that reads above makes it sound like the protests are about Hamas being destroyed - which is not accurate.

What did Hamas expect to accomplish on Oct 7? Killing and taking hostages isn't a winning strategy, if that's your only strategy.
Their motives are not a secret. The early speculation of why this did this and their more recent stated motivation align.

I'm calling it now (I thought this on Oct 8) CHINA.
Can you be more specific. What do you think is going to happen and why? How does that relate to what's happening in the middle east?

Not challenging you or necessarily disagreeing. Just trying to understand.

And tens of thousands of innocent non combatant men, women, and children. Not to mention their homes, businesses, infrastructure, every day lives, and their future.

The protests are not about Hamas being destroyed. They're about what I mentioned above. I mention this because the way that reads above makes it sound like the protests are about Hamas being destroyed - which is not accurate.

Their motives are not a secret. The early speculation of why this did this and their more recent stated motivation align.

Can you be more specific. What do you think is going to happen and why? How does that relate to what's happening in the middle east?

Not challenging you or necessarily disagreeing. Just trying to understand.
Did Israel enter unprovoked and kill 1400? No. They're responding to the worst terrorist attack of their lifetime. YES. Innocent men women and children will die. Many more than the Israelis. But, it's war. Obviously no one has told you war is hell. But, Israel (according to sane people) has the right to defend itself. Hamas knew what was going to happen. They're the bad guys, not Israel.

The protests are about the innocent Palestinians. It's a crying shame what's going to happen to them. But, Israel still has the right to defeat and destroy the enemy.

They only thing I've ever read about the attack is that they're tired of being occupied. Which is factually incorrect. Hamas is the government of GAZA. Gaza is not occupied. Right there, it's all bullshit.

In 2005 the Gaza Strip was given to the Palestinians. ALL Jews were removed from the area, and in 2005 or 2007 all military was gone. The land was 100% Palestinian. Their first order was to elect a government. They did, HAMAS. In 2008 Hamas started throwing rockets over the wall into Israel. Every time they shot rockets, Israel retaliated. One of things KNOWN to all Palestinians was Israel would destroy the home of the terrorist. Israel NEVER reoccupied Gaza. After Oct 7th, they will. They have to.

So, the statement of Gaza being occupied is a lie. You don't have to believe it. But, it's true. You're more worried about innocent civilians who voted in a terrorist organization to govern them, then you are about innocent Israelis defending themselves.

If you listen to Palestinian protesters, they're claiming Israel proper is occupied land. They want that back. Do you see that happening? Is that even right of them to ask for?

I have no idea what is going to happen. But, if the big picture plan on Oct 7 was just Hamas going in and slaughtering 1400 innocent people, and that's it. Hamas is stupider than fucking sin. Look at the war. If Oct 7 didn't happen, everyone in Gaza would be living the same lives. When this is over, is life going to be better for Palestinians? They lived in houses. Now, they'll be in tents. Is that an upgrade? 80% of Palestinians live way below the poverty line. Yet, they're given millions if not billions in aid every year. Where does that money go? What is the end game? I mean that seriously. Did Hamas expect Jews to give up Israel because they slaughtered 1400 out of 9 million. Does that make sense?

On the other hand, if Oct 7th is a prelude to something bigger, that makes sense. What? I don't know. It's probably dark and going to be extremely bloody. With lots of innocent civilian deaths.

As horrible as war is. War has taken place in every country since time began. I wouldn't know how to even attempt the math. If WW2 never happened, there'd be over 100 million more people on the earth. That's roughly how many died. Most of them would have children who would have had children... Is that a good or bad thing?

Once again, I am rooting for the Arabs and Israelis to all kill each other. Problem solved. It sure seems that is the way they want it. They been going at it since before I was born and thousands of years before that. Give it up already.

Did Israel enter unprovoked and kill 1400? No. They're responding to the worst terrorist attack of their lifetime. YES. Innocent men women and children will die. Many more than the Israelis. But, it's war. Obviously no one has told you war is hell. But, Israel (according to sane people) has the right to defend itself. Hamas knew what was going to happen. They're the bad guys, not Israel.

The protests are about the innocent Palestinians. It's a crying shame what's going to happen to them. But, Israel still has the right to defeat and destroy the enemy.

They only thing I've ever read about the attack is that they're tired of being occupied. Which is factually incorrect. Hamas is the government of GAZA. Gaza is not occupied. Right there, it's all bullshit.

In 2005 the Gaza Strip was given to the Palestinians. ALL Jews were removed from the area, and in 2005 or 2007 all military was gone. The land was 100% Palestinian. Their first order was to elect a government. They did, HAMAS. In 2008 Hamas started throwing rockets over the wall into Israel. Every time they shot rockets, Israel retaliated. One of things KNOWN to all Palestinians was Israel would destroy the home of the terrorist. Israel NEVER reoccupied Gaza. After Oct 7th, they will. They have to.

So, the statement of Gaza being occupied is a lie. You don't have to believe it. But, it's true. You're more worried about innocent civilians who voted in a terrorist organization to govern them, then you are about innocent Israelis defending themselves.

If you listen to Palestinian protesters, they're claiming Israel proper is occupied land. They want that back. Do you see that happening? Is that even right of them to ask for?

I have no idea what is going to happen. But, if the big picture plan on Oct 7 was just Hamas going in and slaughtering 1400 innocent people, and that's it. Hamas is stupider than fucking sin. Look at the war. If Oct 7 didn't happen, everyone in Gaza would be living the same lives. When this is over, is life going to be better for Palestinians? They lived in houses. Now, they'll be in tents. Is that an upgrade? 80% of Palestinians live way below the poverty line. Yet, they're given millions if not billions in aid every year. Where does that money go? What is the end game? I mean that seriously. Did Hamas expect Jews to give up Israel because they slaughtered 1400 out of 9 million. Does that make sense?

On the other hand, if Oct 7th is a prelude to something bigger, that makes sense. What? I don't know. It's probably dark and going to be extremely bloody. With lots of innocent civilian deaths.

As horrible as war is. War has taken place in every country since time began. I wouldn't know how to even attempt the math. If WW2 never happened, there'd be over 100 million more people on the earth. That's roughly how many died. Most of them would have children who would have had children... Is that a good or bad thing?
Ok, thanks.

At least one group has somewhere else to go. As we all know the a-rabs all love themselves some "palestinians".

Egypt? Jordan? Anybody? *crickets*

All seriousness aside, history and present day clearly illustrates Jews are beloved all over the world. Why on earth would they want to stay and fight tooth and nail in an attempt to maintain a border and safe harbor surrounded by those who despise their existence and wish to cleanse them from....any and everywhere.

Not unlike the "palestinians" hate the Jews more than they love their own children, the a-rabs clearly hate Jews more than they actually give a damn about the people residing in Gaza or the W. Bank.

At least one group has somewhere else to go. As we all know the a-rabs all love themselves some "palestinians".

Egypt? Jordan? Anybody? *crickets*

All seriousness aside, history and present day clearly illustrates Jews are beloved all over the world. Why on earth would they want to stay and fight tooth and nail in an attempt to maintain a border and safe harbor surrounded by those who despise their existence and wish to cleanse them from....any and everywhere.

Not unlike the "palestinians" hate the Jews more than they love their own children, the a-rabs clearly hate Jews more than they actually give a damn about the people residing in Gaza or the W. Bank.
A random-Palestinian-who-doesn't-support-Hamas-and-can't-do-anything-about-it's response: "Yes, I see your point. Now excuse me while I go pick up the remaining body parts of my three year old."

In other threads I’ve been accused of being a right winger. Now I may be accused of being a left winger. The fact is I’m neither.

I have no wings, I’m not a fucking bird. I’m a human being. 8-)

Thank you. I could not agree more. This is not a matter of good guys and bad guys. So much good can come from putting yourself in the other's shoes.

In my opinion, you will not find anyone who speaks more thoughtfully and knowledgably about this subject than Norman Finkelstein and Noam Chomsky (both of Jewish decent). Stone cold sober analysis from two astute scholars of history. Both have written and spoken on this subject extensively. 20 years ago I felt the same way as most Americans do today. Then I started to shut up and read. And listen. I wish it were simple, but it's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
Back