A/B Switching, Monitor Selection

scottr

What do you guys use to switch between sets of monitors if you don't have that option on your interface/board/software? I'm running a Digi001 and the best thing I can find so far is an A/B switch designed for speaker level signals from Radio Shack, or rerouting my outputs on my Digi001 everytime I want to switch (which also eats up a set of outputs or 2). Anyone know of a selector designed for this purpose or at least with 1/4" or XLR connections? Or some other method?

Scott

I have the same as blue bear. awsome unit. Yes there are cheaper units like the Big Snob and the samson thingy, but then you are making compromises(cheap components) to your monitoring chain, and that isn't good my friend.

I'm currently evaluating a Presonus Central Station in my studio and I must say I'm liking it. They got the feature set right, and the converters sound good. Not like my Benchmark DAC-1 (I'm spoiled), but certainly very good.

I also prefer the rack mount design of the CS over the table top approach of the Big Knob and Samsom unit. Keeps all those cables out of my face. It also ahs a nice little remote if you need to place the unit in a rack out of view. Altogether a well thought out unit.

Back