terocious

I would like to start out by saying Even The Rocks Would Cry Out By Dafduc was the impetus for this post.
When I first read the lyrics to the above I was haunted by them. I was totally new to this BBS when a thread appeared about the song in this forum. I did not post at the time but I must have read it 10 times and continue to think about it a lot. In an introduction to the lyrics Dafduc explained that the song had been written not long after September 11th 2001. This made me think about a song I had written in that same time period and the countless number of artist out there who responded to those events either consciously or unconsciously in writing.
It might be interesting to put some of those lyrics side by side in one thread and look at them (almost) 2 years down the road. I do not think it necessary to rehash the event itself or even to critique the songs but I will leave that up to you.

Here is my offering:

I Married a lady from Lithuania on September 12th 2001 and in November/ December I found myself living in Vilnius while my wife finished college. It was my first time overseas (which was mind blowing) and I was listening to a lot of BBC to keep in touch with what was happening back home. Also some regional references creep in here.

Add One Two Each Five Four Two

Nine One Ones emerging synergy held ransom
Divisions of neighbors split violet ends
Running deep in the family of sharing abroad
As the shock Shimmer Showered Existence on God

Now the devilish details retreat to the hills
Economy offers the ultimate frill
A wait for the bus turned poor uncle to dust
It gets harder to swallow this planet size pill

Seven Zero Zeros hero retired from praying
on Godless Americas queer loving ways
Fell from grace into Gardas awaiting embrace
Kingdom come, kingdom go, while morality plays

Now "Vieda" is offering one hundred Lats
So string up the dandy and bring me his spats
To look but not touch may be asking too much
Cause the fleas in the house were brought in by the rats.

Five Five Five disguises the prefix of fiction
Add One to each Five you'll be calling up Satan
Some numbers mean more, take the stone and the score
You can count on each other for what I'm not sure

Now the Microbus sacrifice season begins
Last dive for the Ladies they're shelling the bridge
Break the din down the door far less guilty than sore
we'll install a fresh lock on our reason and live

Copyright ©2002((newstereo))
All Rights Reserved

Thanks to Dafduc for a brilliant song and to bdbdbuck for helping me climb out of my hole.

Wow! Serious imagery, man. Serious.

Love the internal rhymes and the numerology theme. Says something too.

Got music for this? Sumpin we can hear???

Daf:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've gotta say I'm glad you're out of the hole my brutha! That is some awesome imagery. I sensed the talent in your lyrics from your piece I downloaded this morning, but I had no idea you had this! Good stuff! You and daf should maybe get together on something. You're both talented individuals.

bd

A real folky vibe to it. Irish melody, or something. Catchy.

Not what I expected at all, but it works - or would at a quicker tempo, with some appropriate celtic flavored jams behind it. Or even a Pete Seeger guitar strum.

I had an idea for this - I was hoping you were going to say you didn't have a melody yet - I wonder if you'd be okay with me working up something?

Lyrics would stay intact, melody would be way different. Might add a chorus. Probably would.

Whaddya think?

Daf

Daf,
Anything you want to do would be great. I love diferent interpretations and the thought of collaborating to make something old something new is thrilling. Also Ok if you want to sing it yourself and surprise me with your idea. It is funny that you picked out the tempo. I tried a few faster versions but ended up really liking what my voice did at the slow tempo. Feel free sir duc

Can't promise - if the idea flops you may never hear from me again (that's, I say, that's a JOKE, son), but I'll give it a shot - my HRC4 plans for the weekend have hit a snag, and I'm itching for some studio time, so your thing may hit the front burner...

Again, I am SERIOUSLY impressed with this.

Help with a few references?

Vieda?

Gardas?

Lats?

violet ends?

Thanks,

Daf

vieda -Latvian newspaper known for Its extreme anti gay stance.

Garda- forget his first name. Publisher of the above paper.

Lats- Latvian Money (100 Lats was offered in a writing contest by
Vieda. The topic -Why homosexual behaviour is unnatural.

Violet ends- Flowed better then Violent Ends and I liked the way the N in ends sort of suggested it should be in Violet if you know what I mean.

I am off to be a batender. Anyone else have any songs from that time?

Terocious

Good lyrics man. A lot of thoughts goin on there. Can't listen right now, but I def. will later.
Way to go man.
-oko

Back