8th street

carl james

anyone use 8th street to purchase gear, any problems , can you haggle, is there any probs using cc# and if you have probs, do they help you? curious before i make my 1st purchase through them.i've noticed they're cheaper than sam ash or musicians friend.
are there other music stores online- just curious- any replies??

[This message has been edited by carl james (edited 02-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by carl james (edited 02-16-2000).]

The singer/guitarist of the band I'm in bought a wah pedal from them came in just fine no hassles. I don't know about haggling. But I can tell you a lot of people here (meaning the BBS) will recommend 8th street. I plan on ordering from them myself soon.

I just ordered from them again, and they're really good to work with. They may or may not haggle, depending on what you're ordering. The free shipping alone makes them worth it even if they don't have the rockest bottomest prices. All that said, it does pay to shop around, and there's tons of companies online. No single one has been cheapest for everything, or highest on everything (altho I haven't chosen to try musician's friend yet).

I used 8th st a couple of months ago - it was one of my first online purchases. So far I haven't had any problems with having used a credit card, but I've been watching my statements ever since pretty carefully to make sure. The merchandise arrived quickly, too.

i ping pong between 8thstreet and zzounds.com - they are both great, both offer free shipping and both offer to beat the lowest advertised price. always check both places and report to the other one when a price is lower. when the price is the exact same....i flip a coin.

8th Street is a good bet. Usually I have noticed that when a price of a product will drop, they are the first to do it. Also, it seems that they are generally lower than everyone else. I think 8th Street will tend to brainwash you a bit when it comes to their compnay. It may seem from their website that they are a huge retailer with warehouses all over the place. But actually its just a regular music store in Philly that decided to do online ordering. If anyone is from the philadelphia area like me youll know exactly what i mean. I guess they are some smart marketers is all. But other than that its just a simple music store. I guess they can put out the money to do online ordering since they are in a hot area and can afford it. As far as their stuff, go for it, ive never had any problems. After i order something, they always call me and ask if the order is ok too so i think that is a nice gesture. Never any problems with the products, and service is cool.. At the store, as well as online. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys for all the help, i'm ordering this week, now that i feel more comfortable
that you all had good experiences with 8th street!

Hey Skyline609,

I just ordered from them for the first time yesterday and never knew they were so close by. I live not too far from you, in Marlton. Sounds like I should cross the bridge to check out the store.

BTW - good school, Drexel. I went to another Philly school - St. Joe's - a long time ago.

Back