8ch pre amp?

jdalziel

hi all,
im not if im posting in the right area anyways ill ask anyways. this is what i have for computer recording right now

mics --> 4 pres on little mixer --> delta 44;
& mic --> art tube mp --> AC'97;

i may have some money coming to me in a bit and im looking to get another soundcard, maybe the delta 1010? or is it better to get another delta 44 for compatibilty? heres my question, instead of buying another mixer with more pres, i would like to get rid of the mixer in the input chain but for not that much. is there a 8 channel pre amp (doesnt have to be 8, thats just ideal) that anyone could suggest that doesnt cost much, even if its the same quality and features of a the cheap little mixer pres. i guess im still sortof a noob with this... thanks for any suggestions...

M-Audio Octane is eight channels of nice, clean, quiet preamps with plenty of headroom, analog and light-pipe outputs, M-S encoder and a pair of instrument preamps. They cost anywhere from $550-$700... mine cost me around $600.

Another vote for the Octane. I think I got mine for $499 new from AMS. I got that price using their price-matching offer. There's a thread here somewhere about the Octane that has a link to a different vendor selling 'em for $499.

MadAudio said:
Another vote for the Octane. I think I got mine for $499 new from AMS. I got that price using their price-matching offer. There's a thread here somewhere about the Octane that has a link to a different vendor selling 'em for $499.

I got mine from digitraxx.com for $479, shipping included.

Back