80s carvin doubleneck

cephus

Slow Children Playing
I played one of these last wednesday night. I don't think I ever played a doubleneck before. Maybe when I was a teenager. Anyway, I remember seeing this guitar in all the magazine ads when I first started playing and it was kind of neat to actually see and play one. I played it on the break at the jam where I got my ass handed to me a couple months ago.

80_dn612-small.jpg

It had weird knobs on it, and the 12 string neck was out of tune, so I didn't really play alot of it. But it was pretty neat. I can't imagine someone ordering such a thing through the mail without having played it. Maybe that's why I've never seen one before.

never played one of their double necks but i have owned a few carvin guitars over the years and have loved everyone of them

mikemorgan said:
Was Clapton there???:)

No. Sadly it was "invite only". :D

The guy who handed me my ass actually is a big clapner fan. Not the blues stuff, but the singing songwriting thing. The guy is an incredible chet atkins style guy. He plays with a dynamic range that I am good enough to recognize and envy, but not good enough to mimmick... YET!

Back