8 Busses????????

DJTonyMOMO

Ok I have been shopping around for a new mixer and I was wondering what it means when they say it has 8 busses? The reason why I ask is because I want to purchase a mixer that I can hook up at least 4 rack mount effects units to it at the same time. What do they call those inputs for effects units on a mixer?

8 busses refers to 8 recording busses.

This means if you had an 8 track reel to reel or an adat or some other form of digital or analog multi-track recorder that your mixer could send out 8 independent mixes to feed each of the tracks on the recorder.

This has nothing to do with effects sends or receives or anything what so ever having to do with how many verb units you could hook up to the mixer.

That aspect of the mixer is dependent on if each chanel input strip has an inset connection so that you could plug in a separate effect like a compressor or eq or reverb to that input chanel and have it effect only that instrument.

Otherwise, the aux sends on the board would tell you how many effects could be hooked up and applied to the mix on mass.

This is really way beyond the scope of this post to explain what a mixer is and what all the variables are out there but, all I could suggest is do a lot more reading and research and hopefully, you will gain a better understanding of all the options and one day actually make some real music with one of them.

Cheers and good luck! :)

For a ton of info go to Studiocovers.com .., then where it says "Articles" select "Basic" and choose that which most helps.

:)

DJTonyMOMO said:
....I want to purchase a mixer that I can hook up at least 4 rack mount effects units to it at the same time. .....

You want a board with at least 4 'post fader Auxillary sends'.

Back