788 Drum Mix Problems

Abbott

I just bought a 788 and I was setting up my drum tracks. My configuration is: SD and BD, seperate tracks, though imp adapters into the normal inputs (AB) then my 2 overhead mics (Behringer ECM800s) into a blue tube mic preamp into the two aux inputs (LR) to channels 5+6. Anyways, the SD and BD came out fine, but for some reason, the overheads came out distorted. So I lowered levels, tried again, still distorted. It sounded as if I was overloading, but the levels on the blue tube and the 788 showed that the drums levels were only like 1/4 up. So I tried using -20db Pad, but to get a decent level, I have to turn it way up and I get a hum (no distortion, though). I can't figure out what's going. All my effects gains and stuff are at 0. The only thing I can think of is that I'm using a different power supply than what the Blue Tube came with, but it would seem that the -20db would have distortion too if that were the case. Thanks.

Do you know if the original power supply for the Blue Tube was a REGULATED power supply? And are you using a regulated supply now?

What happened to the original power supply?

sorry...not sure what that means. I'm looking at the AC adaptor i'm using for it now and it doesn't say anything about regulation.

Back