70s Love Song Improv

northsiderap

Too Late For Love

I wrote this song in my head. I wrote it completely inspired by a guitarist on this forum who said he never plays 'D' chords cuz they sound gay or something. I recorded all of the instruments myself in my bedroom studio. I played the drum track first, solidifying the arrangement as I played.

Drums first - Oktava MK012 pair, ATM25 on Bass drum, & SDC on snare.

Then strings - Johnson guitar through AKG C414. Harmony guitar direct in for slides & Washburn 5 string direct in for bass.

Then vocals - Also AKG C414.

All came out in one take except for the vocals. The lead vocal track took two takes because on the first one I sounded just like fat Elvis. I wanted to sound more 'modern' so I did the West Coast gravel voice thing.

I'm pretty sure the chorus is ruinous... It was supposed to be an 80's type cheese rock song but came out a little too funky for the chorus to fit.

Try it like an 80's style cheesy rock pop song and you'll get it.

I enjoyed this. The feel is 'loose,' but with a 'decent live take' (drums especially) kind of feel going on. Interesting background arrangements! Reminds me of Grateful Dead. Vocals are often indistinct in the chorus(?) sections though.

Back