7+6 sketch

Listening as I type...

I like the snap of the snare, even if it is midi.

Your acoustics sound great. How did you track them (mic, mic placement)?

Yeah, there is room for a lead instrument. I would suggest a steel-string acoustic. Maybe a 12-string in the background if you have one (following the nylon acoustics).

Nice tune. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Listening as I type...

I like the snap of the snare, even if it is midi.

Your acoustics sound great. How did you track them (mic, mic placement)?

Yeah, there is room for a lead instrument. I would suggest a steel-string acoustic. Maybe a 12-string in the background if you have one (following the nylon acoustics).

Nice tune. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks Rokket. I used 4 guitar tracks but most of the time it's just two guitars, double- tracked and panned hard left and right. The mic is an AT4041 SDC over my right shoulder, thru an old Soundcraft 200 board, then to Sonar.

Thanks Rokket. I used 4 guitar tracks but most of the time it's just two guitars, double- tracked and panned hard left and right. The mic is an AT4041 SDC over my right shoulder, thru an old Soundcraft 200 board, then to Sonar.
I have used that over-the-shoulder technique a couple times. I usually double it with a standard "pointing at the 12th fret" configuration too.

Nice tone, though.

I have used that over-the-shoulder technique a couple times. I usually double it with a standard "pointing at the 12th fret" configuration too.

Nice tone, though.

Actually, I did track with a MK012 about 3 feet in front pointed at about the 12th fret but I tossed those tracks. With 4 tracks of guitars (2 pairs) it seemed like there was quite a build-up of boominess. I've also tried a CAD M179, GT55, MD421 and some other mics in the past but I usually end up going with just the over-the-shoulder track.

I love seven time. Great syncopation and feel to this song. Beautiful transition from the six as well. Thank you.

I hope you don't kill me when I say this reminds me of Ry Cooder.

Shame about the fake drums. This could use some hand percussion for sure.

Maybe a little accordian.

Hi

I like the song a lot. Nice acoustics and change of tempo. Good luck with the continuation of the song.

/Jack Real

I love seven time. Great syncopation and feel to this song. Beautiful transition from the six as well. Thank you.

I hope you don't kill me when I say this reminds me of Ry Cooder.

Shame about the fake drums. This could use some hand percussion for sure.

Maybe a little accordian.

I have a special place in my heart and foot for odd-meter. And as long as the Ry Cooder comment was meant in a good way I will let you live. :D

Hadn't thought about the accordian... I bet that WOULD fit in nicely. I wish I knew some little ones, even big ones.

Back