'66 Fender P-Bass w/case Score !!!

Texsunburst59

Another Pawnshop score. Picked up a '66 P-Bass w/ original case for less than $150.This baby is light compared to my two other 79's.

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

Holy shit dude. That is a mega score. Congrats. The checking and aged hardware is awesome. That thing could be pink and green and it would be awesome. That it's black/white just makes it incredible.

Wow, uber score. That thing is worth WAY more than that as long as everything is legit. Have you pulled the neck off to look yet?

Jesus man! I don't get it. Aren't you the guy who used to post pictures poolside of a bunch of vintage basses aquired through pawn shops?

It seems like every vintage fender bass in the state of Texas goes through this one pawn shop and gets sold ridiculously cheap to you. I'd like to be happy for you, but I'm too jealous!

Nothing like that appears around here, and if it did, it would be priced insanely high...

worth at least 1500 bucks ...... possibly a few thousand.
I'd flip that thing so fast it'd become a left hander.

:D

dang! that is sweet. i need to visit texas. here in LA, all of the pawnshop workers are washed up musicians anyway, so they keep anything good, or try to sell it for a million dollars.

Jesus man! I don't get it. Aren't you the guy who used to post pictures poolside of a bunch of vintage basses aquired through pawn shops?

It seems like every vintage fender bass in the state of Texas goes through this one pawn shop and gets sold ridiculously cheap to you. I'd like to be happy for you, but I'm too jealous!

Nothing like that appears around here, and if it did, it would be priced insanely high...

Yea that's me. I've been VERY lucky picking up vintage basses for VERY cheap. No one really looks for basses at pawnshops. I DO!

Here are my best bass scores:(I have others but not this good)

'74 Fender Sunburst Jazz Bass for $ 64.64
'79 Fender Black P-Bass for $180.0
'79 Fender Butterscotch P-Bass w/ original case for $260
'89 Fender Silver Metallic Jazz "Longhorn"w/ original case for $315

Sheeeyit, I just bought an 83 jazz for 900 with a 70s hardshell and I thought I was getting an ok deal. haha

Tex, I've hated you since the day I first saw the amps stacked up around your pool. Now, I hate you even more.

Can't get deals like that up here. The pawn shops around here know the value of anything music related.

Can't get deals like that up here. The pawn shops around here know the value of anything music related.

Yeah, that's the problem living near a music mecca. I'd imagine LA, NY, Austin, Nashville would be hard to find deals.

Back