6 Space Rack (Beautiful Figured Fir w/ Cherry Stain)

Beezoboy

Home Recording Guru
OK so I was in Lowes and ran across a really unique looking board. It was Fir that had figurings like figured maple. So I bought it and decided to make a rack out of it. I wanted to try out my new dado blade for my table saw anyway and in conclusion it worked.

I am selling the rack for $75 + shipping. Depth is 12" and this thing is sturdy 3/4" fir. I can sit on it indian style without it budging, and I weigh 170lbs. Construction is glued finger style joinery at top and flush mounting with screws at bottom. The rack rails were set into the wood for decoration's sake. And the bottom has an inch or so border around, so that it is easy to pick up. The rack is finished with two coats of gloss polyeurathane. It shines!

The pictures came out a little more red than the wood actually is. If you know what american cherry looks like, this wood looks exactly like it.

I am putting here and on GearSlutz until Sunday. Then it goes to eBay. Payment by Paypal only please. Sorry I don't know how to display the images in the thread.

Contact me at beezoboy@yahoo.com and put RACK in your subject.

Beez

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack3.jpg

rack4.jpg

Last edited:
gloss polyeurathane.
does this have any type of flame retardent etc? I'd like a 6-space rack, but I think a wood one like that wouldn't disperse heat as well as metal one would. Or perhaps you could fill me in more about your design? How much space is there between each rack space,etc ? :confused:

Well it is sold btw. But it has an open back and an inch or so on each side for heat dispersal. I think I would rather have this than one of those carpet covered ones anyday.

Beez

I sold it because I have a homemade desk with about 24 spaces in it. It also has my mixing board and all. It is like a Omnirax desk but bettter, and made to my own specs. Besides, I can make a rack like that anytime I want as long as I have a little extra time.

Beez

Back