6 New recordings.

elenore19

Slowing becoming un-noob.
6 New recordings. Would Love some opinions.

http://www.soundclick.com/flashbackmanatees
or
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flashback-Manatees/12964005957
or
http://myspace.com/theflashbackmanatees
I would Love everyone's opinions on the songs.
how would you classify these songs?
The only person who had classified it said "Psychadelic Inde Rock" which I guess I see. Still curious what other people think.

would you choose to listen to this if not for just curiosity or this site?
Are they any "good"?
Is there a song that you really don't like?

Then of course the sound quality as well. It's not top notch, but I'd say it's pretty good.(for me at least)

If you can't listen to all six..."Thumbs", "The Cravin' Moorhead Minnesota Blues", and "Tappin'"(instrumental) would be at the top if I had to choose. "Red" and "Bluesy"(instrumental) would be the last two to listen too, if I had to choose.
I think they're all pretty solid.

Pretty proud of all of them though.

Comments & Criticism of course encouraged.

Thanks for listenin',

-Elliot

Last edited:
I think this has enormous potential. Simply because of the amount of charisma shining through what you do. But I would rather listen to something like this, than something slicker but less challenging.

The singer is very exciting and original, but out of tune. And if it's deliberately out of tune then I don't get it. But that will come with more practice.

Song craft is lacking, intros are too long. The simpler the song structure, the more space people would have in their heads to concentrate on your exciting, but challenging, tunes and riffs - which is where your strength lies. You only need one mind-blowingly interesting and original tune per song, really.

Don't compromise on the impressive psychadelic indie rock thing you have going, but learn how to package it for a wider audience. Would be my advice.

I liked Red because it sounded like a whole band. Amazing riff on "thumbs". The world need more of those.

I think this has enormous potential. Simply because of the amount of charisma shining through what you do. But I would rather listen to something like this, than something slicker but less challenging.

The singer is very exciting and original, but out of tune. And if it's deliberately out of tune then I don't get it. But that will come with more practice.

Song craft is lacking, intros are too long. The simpler the song structure, the more space people would have in their heads to concentrate on your exciting, but challenging, tunes and riffs - which is where your strength lies. You only need one mind-blowingly interesting and original tune per song, really.

Don't compromise on the impressive psychadelic indie rock thing you have going, but learn how to package it for a wider audience. Would be my advice.

I liked Red because it sounded like a whole band. Amazing riff on "thumbs". The world need more of those.
Thanks for the feedback!
Alright.
I'm the singer and definitely am not trying to be out of tune. Just inexperienced. The group is a two piece, my best friend on drums, and me on guitar/piano/vocals.

So with every song you think we're trying to hard to make it complicated? Or adding too much, we should just cut out some bridges? or not try and make them too amazing?

Learning how to package it for a wider audience, I have No idea how to even start to go about that. Any insight would be great.

I really do appreciate the good honest feedback, it's not everyday that someone actually takes the time to give it.

-Elliot

Cravin' went over my head - great piano skilz though. Tappin' was more comprehensible for my small brain. Nits: Less drum hardware volume, pull down the "cardboard fader" (400 Hz) on the kick drum and increase the "life fader" on the snare. Perhaps a guitar tone upgrade wouldn't be unwarranted. But, if you're like me, it is what I got.

Don't know if this is all YOU, but great playing if it is!
:)

Cravin' went over my head - great piano skilz though. Tappin' was more comprehensible for my small brain. Nits: Less drum hardware volume, pull down the "cardboard fader" (400 Hz) on the kick drum and increase the "life fader" on the snare. Perhaps a guitar tone upgrade wouldn't be unwarranted. But, if you're like me, it is what I got.

Don't know if this is all YOU, but great playing if it is!
:)
I'll work on the kick, and the guitar tone I'll work on, but it is what I have.
I did everything except drums. (Piano/guitar/bass/vocals/harmonies)

and thanks for the input, I'll work on the drums and guitar and see what I can do.

Back