55sh for live sound

radiologic

Does anyone who owns or has experience with this mic care to share when using it in a live setting. I'm helping my friend choose a nice microphone. She sings in a jazz band and wants something to show a little display so I thought the 55sh would be a good start. But is it any good?

Thanks

Kind of. It seems like a step down from a beta 58 which I like to use all of the time.
And you have to put a quick release on the microphone if you plan on taking off the stand during a performance.

Have you checked out the MXL V900? It has a vintage look to it, but same thing with taking it off the stand. But it does sound better than the 55.

:cool:

yeah ive used the beta 58 and its really good. the thing is that i think its more of a looks thing. but what do you mean of a release when i take it off the stand?

is there a big difference between the 55sh and the super 55?

thanks

yeah ive used the beta 58 and its really good. the thing is that i think its more of a looks thing. but what do you mean of a release when i take it off the stand?

is there a big difference between the 55sh and the super 55?

thanks

Yeah the difference is like a 58 to a beta 58.

Quick release is an attachment that you put on the end of the microphone stand that has a little push button to release the microphone from the stand instead of having to screw it on and off the stand.
check it out here
Web Results

Amazon.com: On Stage QK2C Quick Release Microphone Clip ...

Did you check out the MXL V900 that I had mentioned?

:cool:

Back