535q wah problem

guitarmagic

Hey guys, I've had a dunlop 535q wah for awhile now, I had a problem when i first bought it. When i would rock it back and forth nothing would happen. After about a week it started working so i didn't think nothing of it.

I took plugged into my rig for the first time in a bout a month and a half today and the wah seems to have the same problem. I opened it up and everything looks fine(keep in mind i don't know much in electronics). I plugged it back in and it started workign again. after about a minute of playing it stopped and it seemed like the wah sound was more on the bass end and it stayed there no matter how much i rocked the pedal.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I rather not bring it to the store for repair but if i have to ill bring it.

Thanks.

hmm i DO know that theres the Q variable thing on the side, and if you set it 100% counter clockwise you wont get too much of a WAH noise, or its really subtle....i'm not sure though, mine seems to have worked fine except it randomly will cut out for a milisecond at the depressed motion due to like a dirty pot or soemthing, kinda annoying but idk....maybe send it back? i think dunlops have a good warrenty

I've tried every knob setting. When i get a chance ill take it back to where i bought it and hopefully my warranty isn't up yet.

The wah pedal has a gear on the tone pot and a rack that moves it-similar to a rack and pinion on a car's steering system. If the nylon keeper gets loose the wah won't vary the tone-a screw in there holds it tight-it is mainly a mechanical operation. Thats how you set you're 'Q' of the wah to sound the way you prefer.

Thanks I'll go open it up and check if i can find the screw you are talking about. Maybe it's just lose and that's waht makes it work sometimes.

Back