5 New Beats

Wad up, Sorry to see you havent gotten much love yet but i've listened to them a while back and thought I should give u some critique :cool: If I can remimber what the beats were.

New Beat: The piano on this one is prety tight, but it lacks some debth. It is prety plain and somewhat dulls the beat out a little bit. This was one of my worst habbits when I started making beats was using that Plain piano. You gotta do something to it to make it origional and different from everyone elses. The high strings on the chorus, there somethin about um they kinda make the hairs on the back of your kneck stand up. I would suggest lowering the level of the high strings a bit. Overall this is a prety good beat.

Hop off: This is a prety good beat but those horns that come in that pan left and right are prety bad. I dont like the sound for one and I think it is a bit too loud and overpoweres the mix.

In The Lab: I like what you did with the drums on this. The sample is prety ill but it gets a little repetitive until it changes pitch and that really refreshes the beat. What I would do on this one is change it up a little on each 4 bars instead of 8 and see how that sounds, experiment with that. The sort of strumming in the background- if that isnt part of the sample, I would raise the level of it a little bit. This is a good beat, it just gets a bit repetitive with the sample changing every 8 bars.

A night on raw mountain: I really dont like the sample for this one. It kinda sounds like from some frankenstein movie. Others may like this, but it just isnt my style. But what I would do (just my taste) is up the level of the snare a bit.

Total War: This shit is prety tight but when the muted strings come in, I would turn the level of this down just a tad because it really overpowers your main sample, especially when the drums cut out. They have to flow together. Know what I mean?

Overall: It is obvious that you have a LOT of talent. There is a few things that you can improve, but that will mostly happen overtime. Are you using a pair of monitors to mix? If you arn't, it would be a great investment and would help you a lot when you are mixing your different channels together to make them flow together instead of some of them getting drowned out. Sorry It took me so long to give you feed. Hit me up, pm me or somethin if you ever want my opinion on any of your tracks. I'm not a pro at this shit, I'm still learning just like you, but I will do what I can to help ya out :D

Yo

ufffff mah man werd!...i was feeling all of them but the one i was even freestyling with was the sickness ufffff ...keep doing u thing mah man

Back