5 Minutes to a better mix

sixer2007

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if you know of this guy and his website, the recording revolution, but if not you should totally check it out.
In the past he's done 2 month long sets of "5 minutes to a better mix" and starting today he'll being going on to round three.

I've learned a massive amount from him and all of his tutorials and advice. If you're new to making music, I highly recommend you go back and watch the first 2 sets on his youtube channel and watch the new ones as they come. I'm sure he won't disappoint.

5 Minutes To A Better Mix Returns [Video] » The Recording Revolution

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".
Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?
[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
Ted: That - good point.
Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Ted: Why?
Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're fuckin' fired!

..... There's Something About Mary

Yeah well today is the day I'll be giving the revolution a look see.
Thanks.

Your up early/late?

He just posted the first. Not so much a Tut today, but some wisdom I guess.

Actually, it's about dinner time :D
I'm living/working in Japan these days

Ahhhh.
You need to change your location from Portland.

What cha doing in Japan?

Ah yeah, good call. I'll do that now.

I studied here a few years back and liked it so I decided to come back and try a new place and work. I'm teaching English which is the easiest way to get a long term visa here. They're pretty strict with immigration matters.

Yeah been following that dude for the past 2 years. He usually has pretty good stuff! The more experienced people here will probably know most of it already but every now and then you find a gem.

Back