49-key MIDI controller

fierywater

I bought a Radium 49 today, tried it out for a few minutes, and immediately decided to return it. Its key action was shit compared to every keyboard I've ever used, synth action or not. So now I'm trying to shop for another one. I'm good with synth action, just the Radium's was so incredibly bad that I couldn't play it.

I've heard the Edirol PCR-50 has much better action, but I have nowhere to try it out, so I'd be going out on a limb in ordering it. Has anyone any experience with this? I tried Evolution's 49-key controller, and its synth action is just as bad as the Radium's, except its too light instead of too stiff. I'm trying to keep my budget under $200. I like the synth action on the Micron and on most other keyboards, but for some reason, it seems like most MIDI controllers without 88 keys are incredibly cheap-feeling.

Do the edirol. They have rolands synth action and feel (cuz they are made by roland) The M-Audios do suck for the feel of the keys. the only other one I like is the Studiologic SL-161 not sure if they make a 49 key version or not

Back