414mkII general help.

Bored To Tears

I got a 414mk II for christmas and I really want to use it but I have a few questions.
Mainly I want to record my practice sessions and then play them later for reference. I tried to record with the 414 but I need to mix it down so It sounds right on my stereo. What EXACTLY do I need to mix? Can I run the 414 to my Aiwa shelf system and use that to record the final mix or do I need to spend another $300 on a different piece of equiptment?
Thanks.

B to T,
I have the 424mkIII, you can mix down to a cassette player or cd player if it has line ins. check your manual it should have a diagram showing you the way. Record all your tracks, get the levels right, and send it to whatever you have to record it in 2 track stereo. I use to mix down to a cassette boombox that had line ins. now I use a cd recorder.
hope this helps,
dtb

if your only making this music for your own reference, go ahead and use the line in of some sort of cassette recorder, like on a shelf system. The portable cassette players probably won't have one. If you want to actually make real stuff for other people, use or get a cheap cd burner (not the kind for the comp) and it should be easy to use from there. You need one of those rca plugs with the red and white on each ends for plugging everything up.

You can also mix down to a stereo VCR and get pretty good quality-better than cassette. Before I got my puter setup I would make masters on the VCR and then dub cassette copies to listen to in my truck, give to friends etc.

Back