4 X 12 Broken, need part info

kobra

Hello
Both of the input jacks on the back of my speaker cabinet fell out. The plastic piece that the wires are soldered to is still there, but the hex nut and the metal thing that the plug gets plugged into is gone. Anyone know what this piece is called, and where I can get one. The plastic piece seems to be threaded, as was the metal piece.
Thanks

Hi,

Radio shack should have these. Take all the parts (take the rest off your cab too!) to the store nearest you and compare them to the stock on hand. You should be able to find them.

A saleperson may be able to help you also but look carefully at the part they find for you. Sometimes the employees are just interested in getting you out the door and making the sale.

If that don't work the local 'Guitar Center' should be able to help but they may be more pricey... but they may have higher quality parts?

Lastly, you mention a plastic part that wires are soldered to? There has to be a metal piece protruding from the plastic in order for solder to adhere (to it). If you heat the (metal) part too much when soldering the wire to it, the heat will transfer and melt the plastic. If the plastic melts or warps, then the metal part can fall out.

Scott

Broken Part found

Gitguy,
Thanks for the help. I had already gone to Radio Shck, but I didn't look at my cabinet that closely, and got the wrong part. I was actually able to just call Ampeg, and described the part over the phone, and I now have a bunch of them. It was called a Rean Jack, and all I needed was the threaded replacement nut.

Back