4 Mics. Unlimited budget. Go.

Me too! Though it won't be a single malt...they're expensive here too. It's cheaper to go and visit my mate in Edinburgh who's a member of the "Scottish Malt Whisky Society" complete with club privileges.

I would choose 4 sm57's, then put them in a pillow case, beat the owner of village studios to death, and raid the mic locker there. Is that a legal answer (I said answer not offense :D)

Drew

well this thread turned out well :D

I would choose 4 sm57's, then put them in a pillow case, beat the owner of village studios to death, and raid the mic locker there. Is that a legal answer (I said answer not offense :D)

Drew

Yeah, I agree, too.

I'd drive to the nearest Rat Shack, buy the first four mics I found, and then take the rest of the "unlimited budget" and see the world.

Lots of great ideas here. We seem to have narrowed it down to several contenders for the best 4 bottles of scotch. Who needs mics anyway?

But the only one who has chosen 4 actual microphones has chosen 4 sm57's (one of my personal favorites). And we all know how versatile the 57 is, but he has taken this versatility to new heights. I must say that with Drew's unique and unorthodox use of the 57 that one could obtain the sound of almost any microphone. (this is better than modeling!!)

Found this but never had it .....

Loch Dhu 10yo (40%, OB)
Nose: Unique - but not very good; Hints of burnt caramel and ashes.
Tongue: Awful! Smoke and ashes; some liquorice, filthy aftertaste.
New 'worst malt' candidate!

Ah, Single malt tasting notes.

As mentioned before, I have a mate in the "Scotch Malt Whisky Society". I love visiting their site for the totally overblown...nay, ridiculous...tasting notes in their special bottlings. Just one example:

The nose took us to a fresh machair environment, where we could find discarded sea shells and distant barbeque smoke (smoked ham ribs cooking?). There was also considerable tar, some witch hazel, pencil cases and sherbet. The palate was a bit of a shock – that instant signature blast of lavender and parma violets; tar again, chalk and prosciutto – quite a salty finish. With water, we could identify the parma violets on the nose; also liquorice allsorts and ‘granny’s handbag’. The reduced palate was fresh, sweet and enticing; lots of confectionary, liquorice and salt. A curiosity dram from Islay’s oldest distillery.

I used to think wine snobs were silly until I discovered whisky snobs.

By the way, those liquorice allsorts and granny's handback will set you back $315.

Me, I just like drinking the stuff!

"took us to fresh machair environement, where we could find discarded sea shells and distant barbeque smoke"
Are they describing a scotch or an LSD?!

Ok. So we have an unlimited budget for up to 4 microphones and bottles of scotch? I guess I'd get the 3 most expensive scotches I could find (I've never tried one, so I'd have to experiment) and an SM58 for all the recording.

Ok. So we have an unlimited budget for up to 4 microphones and bottles of scotch? I guess I'd get the 3 most expensive scotches I could find (I've never tried one, so I'd have to experiment) and an SM58 for all the recording.

Good strategy!!!! After consuming the scotch the SM58 will soung great! In fact, at that point a Mr. Microphone would sound great.

:laughings: Hey good looking we'll be right back to pick you up!! :rolleyes:

The writers must of had a ball with this. I'd like to see the thrown out ideas.

Also the brother walking/dancing down the street singing away .... I don't think that can happen on TV today. ~ Maybe so, just seams to cross the line.

Ah, Single malt tasting notes.

As mentioned before, I have a mate in the "Scotch Malt Whisky Society". I love visiting their site for the totally overblown...nay, ridiculous...tasting notes in their special bottlings. Just one example:

I used to think wine snobs were silly until I discovered whisky snobs.

By the way, those liquorice allsorts and granny's handback will set you back $315.

Me, I just like drinking the stuff!

Now THATS FUNNY!

Yeah, snobs can be found everywhere prattling on about most everything imaginable.

The only 'good' thing about it is we're still free enough to entertain people with our personal opinions.

No matter how boorish.

Back