4 Channel JLM Audio Baby Animal Mic Pres, Class A All Discrete Racked and Ready!

Executivos

I posted this on groupdiy a few days ago and there's been plenty of interest interest but it's yet to sell, so I thought I'd put it out some more places...

I built this kit over the summer when I had my studio with a big drum room. I used these on just about everything and they sound great. They are kind of thick like a neve, but faster (which is probably why they are so versatile)

I'm not at that studio anymore and I'm never recording more than vocals or a single guitar etc, so I don't need this many channels.

It's the full-on everything kit that joe sells which includes his drilled and screen printed case that is attached.

The details:

4 channels w/ 99v (class A discrete) opamps running on +/- 34v rails.

Each channel has JLM input tranformers.

The first two channels have DI's.

everything is wired up and kicking ass.

If you order this kit from JLM, everything including shipping and paypal fees comes to: 1184 australian dollars, or $1059 US.

Then you'd have to build it.

I'll sell it for $1000 fedex insured shipping anywhere in the US, and you don't have to solder a thing! If you're out of the country, you'd have to pay your own shipping.

Attachments

• jlm.jpg
    jlm.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 83
wow-- nice. these units aren't talked about much here, but they have a great rep elsewhere. does it have output transformers too or just on input?

No output transformers. They can easily be added, but they aren't really necessary. Joe's explanation is really only that you get 6 more db of gain. It might make it sound a little more "iron-esque", but the input transformers handle a lot more of that.

If you want them and pay for them but don't know how to wire them up, I could put them in for you, but honestly I wouldn't.

It's too bad more people don't know about them, especially around here because even though they a probably a little bit pricey for the average homerecorder, they are a VAST improvement over the other stuf floating around.

Back