388 repair question.

thegunshyboy

long story short, fedex broke my 388...completely cracked both wood sides. luckily i only have one operational problem, and that's the right side of the main stereo won't work. is there a card that could have come loose? can someone point me in the possible direction to fix this?

Man, that sucks. Are you going to get new side panels made?

And does this mean its now back at Chez Gunshy?

Incidentally I just took a quick look through the manual and I can't see anything like a stereo i/o card mentioned. :confused:

yeah, i'll definetely replace the sides. that part will be pretty easy.

but being elbow deep in electronics...that's the tough part for me.

my insurance claim went through, which allowed me to pay the bill i originally sold the 388 to pay. so, if i can fix it, it will be a part of my life again. :D

i want to fix all the burnt out lights too.

thegunshyboy said:
long story short, fedex broke my 388...completely cracked both wood sides. luckily i only have one operational problem, and that's the right side of the main stereo won't work. is there a card that could have come loose? can someone point me in the possible direction to fix this?

I've had a similar problem with a mixer shipped to me a couple years back so I can emphatize. Honestly, it's not Fedex but most likely the dumb ass seller who couldn't pack to save his life.

I'm not into electronics very much but yes, something could have dislodged when the machine was in transit. Again, I've had the same problem but didn't want to be bothered with the repair so I just sold the mixer as parts. I rarely deal in eBay shipping now and when I do, I make sure to guide the seller accordingly.

You may want to take the machine to an authorized TASCAM repair centre if you don't want to be bothered with repairing it yourself.

It's good your insurance claim went through.

Ok, never mind ...

thegunshyboy said:
my insurance claim went through, which allowed me to pay the bill i originally sold the 388 to pay. so, if i can fix it, it will be a part of my life again. :D

Back