388 digital counter does not count back

HomeGos

hi all , its a 388

it all started as a rewind problem but I changed the tension on the servos ( 112 and 212 ) and now works ok, in the manual says things like...

r112 , r105, r150, r206, r103 and r203 its all about winding , tension and rewind

anyway I only changed a little positions on 112 and 212 just like people commented on other threads and it worked;)

but the digital counter does not count properly backwards only in playmode

any clue? do I have to use the reset, cue, load etc.. buttons? thanks a lot

Dont know whats the counter roller? Sorry...

Usually it's on the left side of the head block, it should have a sort of tyre-tread on it, as opposed to the pinch-roller on the right which is completely flat.

The tach roller is the one that tells the counter how far the tape has moved, and may also be used to help control the deck speed depending on the design.

the counter roller seems fine , only in forward mode it s too fast and i have to prss rewind to stop the machine

And by the way, how would u use a stereo reverb, a stereo delay and a stereo compressor ( 3 analog units )with the 388 , do u think i could use the aux for the comp, the effect bus for the reverb and then the delay in one or two channels inserted'?

the counter roller seems fine , only in forward mode it s too fast and i have to prss rewind to stop the machine

And by the way, how would u use a stereo reverb, a stereo delay and a stereo compressor ( 3 analog units )with the 388 , do u think i could use the aux for the comp, the effect bus for the reverb and then the delay in one or two channels inserted'?

Sounds like your brakes may need adjusting or something is binding preventing the brake from releasing.

The counter roller is the one to the right of the pinch roller. It should spin freely with tape unloaded, and look at the surface to see if it is glazed or dried out looking...

Stereo reverb: I'd use the EFFECT buss...connect the EFFECT OUT to the reverb input (mono) and then connect the reverb outputs R and L to the EFF 1 and EFF 2 returns...PAN EFF 1 hard left and EFF 2 hard right.

Stereo delay: depends on how you want to use the delay. If you just want it for a slapback effect on a track or two then use the insert jacks. If you want to use it on several tracks then use the AUX buss and set the PRE/POST switches on the channel strip to POST...that turns the AUX buss into a second effect buss (PRE fader is typically used a monitor buss for the musicians...their headphone or monitor levels don't get changed when you change the channel fader)

Compressor: by in large compressors should be used as an insert effect.

counter roller seems ok , maybe I need to adjust all of the playing, winding , etc servos it explains in the manual..... I think if u turn the servo to the left is faster and to the right slower....or left more tension in the arm or right less tension.... theres a lot of parameters in the manual... everything got to be done until the thing flows I suppose or should I avoid any servo in particular

Now Ive found the tail of the tape in the take up reel was stretched too much so is so thin I have to cut it ... have to check this little servos... I think

Back