3630 -microverb-FD4

DS

Can someone please tell me the correct way to hook these three units together?Are there a few different ways,or just one?You'll have to tell me exactly what input to what output as I am still at the twit like stage of recording.Thanks.

You can connect your efex into a channel' insert using
a TRS "Y" cord or into your aux sends.Does the FD4 have any
aux returns as I am not familiar with this mixer.

Yeah, the FD4 has aux send/returns.

Hook the microverb up with 4 regular 'guitar' cables ... two from the FD4's Aux Send 1 to the input of the microverb and two from the microverb's output to the FD4 Aux Return 1. You control the send to the reverb from the Aux1 on each channel of the FD4 and the master send from the master Aux1 knob. And then adjust the Aux Return1 knob to get the amount of verb/effect you want.

Follow MrQ's advice for the compressor. Just check first and see if the FD4 has insert jacks on the back of it ... it may not. If it does, though ... Get yourself a couple 1/4" TRS (or stereo) to 1/4" unbalanced (or mono) Y plugs. Here's what I'm talking about. The TRS plug will go into the insert jack on the FD4 and the mono plugs will go into the input and output of the compressor. It's hard to know which plug is in and which is out, at first ... so if you don't get a signal after hooking it up, just switch the jacks on the compressor and it should be ok.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes the FD-4 has 1/4inch inserts for channels 3 and 4.I guess I'm supposed to mix everything over to channels 3 and 4,then do the final mix from there.Ok tell me if I'm right.I plug the stereo ends of the Y cables into inserts 3 and 4.Then the other four plugs go to the input/outputs on both sides of the compressor.Whats AUX RTN2 used for?

Back