350-400 Microhphone..Any Suggestions?

Hmmm ... not sure of prices in the States, but here goes, in two broad price brackets:

-AT AT4040 for a relatively uncoloured mic, Studio Projects C1 for stronger presence/high peak, M-Audio Solaris for something different.

-AT AT4050 for something accurate and clear, Studio Projects T3 for a potentially very flattering voicing, and Blue Baby Bottle or Bluebird for something completely different.

I reckon there aren't many vocal takes I couldn't capture nicely with a choice of AT4050 and T3 ... YMMV, so get reading! :)

Ah, it's about £380 here, and normally your prices in dollars aren't a right lot more than what we paid in pounds! Sorry ......

I like my 4050 a ton. I'm going to make a pair before I start buying other mics. They go $400 shipped on eBay, new. In figure 8 mode, it's priceless on my Martin.

Baby Bottles can be found on Ebay in this price range. I'm really happy with mine, but have no experience with the AT mics.

-C

MD-441 Used at about $250, best thing you'll get for the price. They are $700+ new. Check ebay. Bid. Win. Enjoy.

bad news said:
im looking at a rode nt1000,wut do u guys think?
is it much better than a at3035?
I've had both, and they are drastically different mics. The 3035 can be very hazy sounding, while the nt1000 picks up tons of detail and, like a lot of Rode mics, is somewhat hyped in the high end (though not harsh like other mics). I liked the nt1000 very much on acoustic guitar and clean electric guitar, but didn't like it for voice.
The at4050 is a great choice - very neutral, and can be used on nearly anything.

Groove tubes GT-55 is worth a try-------Definitely not a mid-range voiced mic....good sounding mic for 300-350 ish.

Back