3 Minute Song!

lastdays

By popular demand, I have recorded a song that isnt 10 minutes long! Still seems like it needs a little work, you input is always appreciated! :D

*edit*
Version 1
[MP3]http://www.crucifiedinchrist.com/mp3/ResurrectionLife.mp3[/MP3]
Rough n' raw.

Version 2
[MP3]http://www.crucifiedinchrist.com/mp3/ResurrectionLife2.mp3[/MP3]
Minor timing tweaks, strings added at the end.

Version 3
[MP3]http://www.crucifiedinchrist.com/mp3/ResurrectionLife3.mp3[/MP3]
Major timing tweaks, fixed some vocal probs, de-vomitized ;)

Last edited:
woah, what a great track so far! wouldn't be out of place in a movie (think city of angels where he's getting on with his life after she's died etc) brilliant stuff!

vocally, very good (i wish i could sing like you) reminds me of Crash Test Dummies a bit, I'd say sometimes you seem to sing "within" yourself and need to project it out more, but awesome stuff and a really great melody too! :D

I'd like to have heard some strings come in a bit later in the track too, that would really put the icing on it :)

perhaps we could co-op! :D (oh and put the MP3 tags around the link so that it can be played within the forum :))

PS: what your setup (production wise/instruments/software etc)

I like the drum sound (are they acoustic?). I heard a few timing issues. My group has problems with timing when acoustic strumming and drums sometimes. I go in and move the tracks around to get it right usually. The vocals are nice.

I'd like to have heard some strings come in a bit later in the track too, that would really put the icing on it
Very good suggestion, and thank you Dreamz2k.

oh and put the MP3 tags around the link so that it can be played within the forum
for some reason I didnt even think about it... would be more convenient I think...
[MP3]http://www.crucifiedinchrist.com/mp3/ResurrectionLife.mp3[/MP3]

what your setup (production wise/instruments/software etc)
cubase 5, komplete 7/ line 6 ux8, st55 mic, akg perc 170/ yamaha mo8, a mexican Martin guitar. nothing particularly special, I used to not think much of it but it turns out that you can do much with (relatively) little if you (begin to) learn how to use it.

Very good, especially the vocals. Do you do only Christian music?
Once again, thank you sir! joey, I sing whats in my heart, as all should I believe. Thats whats in my heart! :D
I like the drum sound (are they acoustic?).
NI Battery 3, let me know if you need anything more specific.

I think I will put some more strings at the end and repost, and thanks again for the comments!

Last edited:
The timing is bad, which is especially weird since these are programmed drums. How does that happen? :confused:

The rest sounds pretty good, but it's so sloppy and disjointed that it's hard to listen to.

I think that's something that can be tidied up though - there's a definately a few kicks etc slightly out of place, not sure if you were trying to give it a more "natural" feel?

The timing is bad, which is especially weird since these are programmed drums. How does that happen? :confused:

The rest sounds pretty good, but it's so sloppy and disjointed that it's hard to listen to.

i agree with greg_L, the timing is super distracting. too many cymbals too. well, too much of the same one, over and over. and the song kinda rambles, but i hear alot of potential. might work in a worship setting, but not so much as a pop song format.

As has been mentioned, there are timing problems. I think some of them are guitar stabs that aren't on time with the drums. There is a drum fill or two that don't seem on time.

Some pitch issues here and there (e.g., :46). Is there some Autotune? A couple of spots there are some strange vocal inflections that sort of sound like it.

A vocal problem at 1:40? It's like the vocal just went away for a syllable or two. Happens in another spot too.

On the positive side... I like the acoustic guitar sound. I think you have a nice singing voice.

Hehe! I finally got some people who can be brutal and specific! I am tickled, but I very little time as I leave tomorrow...Oh well more work for January :D

alright then, a few timing issues fixed and some strings added towards the end, the last few comments havnt been addressed yet:

[MP3]http://www.crucifiedinchrist.com/mp3/ResurrectionLife2.mp3[/MP3]

A vocal problem at 1:40? It's like the vocal just went away for a syllable or two. Happens in another spot too.
I ran out of steam to do any more vocal takes last night ;) Perhaps too much emotion, it effects the singing, obviously...

Drums, drums, drums, not my strong point, but thats the beauty of midi isnt it? I could do ten thousand things ten million ways and tweak till the cows come home! Maybe by the time ole' bessy shows up I would be a bit better at it ;)
Didnt do any quantizing, wanted it a little different, but that is just another "click" too...

Thanks again gents! much more work to be done.

no drums...interesting idea...

*edit- was trying to make parts of it "crashy" guess it didnt work out as planned ;) *

Last edited:
Alriiighty!
Timing and vocal issues have been dealt with, that doesnt mean they are all gone, but at this point Greg MAY be able to listen to it without wanting to vomit ;)

[MP3]http://www.crucifiedinchrist.com/mp3/ResurrectionLife3.mp3[/MP3]

and link
yep, its a song.

Thank you for your honest comments, keep 'em coming! I love to have people tell me whats wonderful, but I learn a whole lot more from people who think it sucks :D

I added links to all three versions at the top, I love the honesty here :D

Also, if anybody likes a previous version of the song better, I most definately would like to know, too easy to change something for the worse while fixing something...

I listened to the third version....3 minutes? I knew you could do it :D

I have to say christian music normally stops me dead in my tracks but theres something honest about your performances I like

This is the best one I heard yet...its still loose, but I like it...the vocals seem much better controlled in front of the mic than in your other tracks and the strings are a good addition, really fills its up with swells..what did you use?

Id like to hear you on a more traditional "intro, verse, chorus" type song...just because I think you could do a very good country/rock style track, you have the chops

nice one :)

Welcome to the site Paddy!

kcearl, my buddy! I knew you would chime in at some point ;)

strings are a good addition, really fills its up with swells..what did you use?
I used the viola solo and the double bass solo from NI Kontakt.

Ya, timing is still really loose, might have redo some of it, but that will have to wait until I get back from visiting the parents...

I have to say christian music normally stops me dead in my tracks but theres something honest about your performances I like
You dont know it, but I dont think anyone could have possibly paid me a higher compliment... Thank you.

Its hard to tell if its a song or one long verse, not that its bad, just that I was thinking the composition would develop further. Nice listen, enjoyed hearing it.

Back