3 little random songs

:) Sorry Doc, just overlooked I guess.

I'm listening to Dracula Hop right now and I like it a lot.

Kinda dark sounding mix even for a cassette job, but I think there's pretty good balance and I really like the guitar tone on this one.

Ill try to check out the others later...nice job!

I like the other two too.

Same mix thoughts as on the first one. A little dark/muffled, so I found myself wishing you could squeeze some more highs out of the mix. Cool, simple melodies and arrangements though. I enjoyed all 3 on that level.

I thought the drums were a little off at times on the 2nd tune, but the percussion on the last one was very cool. Guitar was nice on all three. Thanks.

I'd like to here some vocals on these too. dracula hop reminded me a lot of the B52s early stuff, which I really like. The second one Schwurbelfant kind of reminded me of the Doors, although maybe more jolly. Wasn't quite so keen on the second one, although I liked the '2nd section'.

I understand the comment about the drums, but I don't think it spoiled it though, I think it even added to the character. the muffeld/dark sound and the clean guitar tone gave a kind of fifties feel.

Good stuff

I listened to Dracula Hop. Good vibe to the song. Liked that "James Bond-like" guitar.

The bass has some frequency around 100hz or so that's really booming out. The bass tends to dominate the mix, except when the James Bond guitar is playing, then it dominates the mix. Everything else has trouble being heard.

The drums are dominated by the ride cymbal. The ride is louder than the snare. The kick is tough to hear.

Ha! Nice metallic scratch on the opening of Dracula Hop. I once got that sound with a nickel and an E string on a bass guitar!

really? i thought it was ok enough (and maybe too lazy for another take)

Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it was like horrible or anything.

I just started dabbling with drums this summer and likely couldn't do this nearly as well myself, I just think the timing stood out to me from time to time. Generally good, just inconsistent. Not a deal breaker. :)

Back