2nd Preamp

slinky

Greetings
I have an Edirol FA 66 Audio Interface going to a pc with cubase.
I want to get a better pre amp but keep the audio interface. If I plug a beefier preamp into the low-Z mic input will there be a problem? I read somewhere that it will squeal if I do that. I dont want to get rid of the Edirol because it is my sound card and interface, but the preamps are not good.
Paul.

I think I have just answered my own question:o - it`s the best way they tell me - I discovered to rca inputs on the back of the unit meant for higher level audio inputs so this should do the trick.

:eek:Me again- I learnt something again today... that is with this Edirol, you have to turn the mic input up to about 100% - then it starts to produce a signal almost worth writing home about! So it`s not all bad. I`m still getting a second preamp though.

With the Edirol FA 66 when recording from a condenser mic with phantom power, I found you need to be winding the input knob right up to levels between about 80% and 95% to get a decent signal. This may be similar with other units of a similar calibre.

Back