2nd Post

Now I know who you sound like. Don't get mad at me you might not like her, but I like her voice and she is one of my favorite female vocalists. OK, don't hit me, you sound a lot like Wynonna.
You really have a great voice. And being a great guitar player must run in your family. There is one thing I noticed about this recording everything was balanced very well, but the vocals did not have the clarity of the guitar. It is almost like they are too compressed. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great song and great recording. I didn't notice the string buzz on the guitar much. I'll be posting another song tonight and I want everyone to critique the mix the way I always do everyone elses.
Your dad said that he might let me do some vocals with you on a song sometime. I would consider it great to sing with someone who has a voice like yours. Keep em coming.

Wow, very nice job... You have an awesome voice....

I agree with Gospel about not being quite as clear on the vocals, but still a good recording....

You really attack that guitar dont ya.... :p :D

Kelly, That's putting it mildly! We did an open mic and I talked her into getting up there and doing her very first public performance. All I had with me was my cheapo Pawn shop Ovation with light gauge strings.....she beat the hell out of it! It was mostly the guitar sounding like a tin can with strings....SHE was fabulous!

I gotta say I'm a little surprised to see this one posted. Vocals are awesome as usual, gotta re-track the guitar...that's not the Taylor is it?

bdbdad

Not yet

I am saving my Taylor postings for a later date...they'll be posted eventually.

Gosh guys, you are too kind. Thanks for the lovely critque!!! I will eventually get some audible recordings posted...it's just a matter of time. :)

Gospel, I'd love to record with you, do you have any particular song in mind?

Kelly, as far as attack the guitar is concerned...with my style (slasher) is there any other way? ;)

Thanks again!!! I will be more active when I am back on my feet with my computer...it is terribly slow. Can't wait till I jack up my memory so that I can actually listen to everybody else's stuff. Take it easy!

Re: Not yet

bdbdbucksKID said:

Gospel, I'd love to record with you, do you have any particular song in mind?

It seems like your dad mentioned a song one time. I can't remember what it was.

KID,

Looks like talent runs in your family. Do you play that and sing at the same time? That is amazing! Is this one guitar track? Either way the struming rythum patter is waaayyy out there (in a good way) I can't even tell what time signature this song is in:) It has given me many ideas for my own acoustic guitar playing. Thanks for sharing.

clif

KID,

Looks like talent runs in your family. Do you play that and sing at the same time? That is amazing! Is this one guitar track? Either way the struming rythum pattern is waaayyy out there (in a good way) I can't even tell what time signature this song is in:) It has given me many ideas for my own acoustic guitar playing. Thanks for sharing.

clif

HEY NOW!..............................that's from your mother's side of the family.......or no?

bdbdad :D

Clif, yes she does sing it and play at the same time...she has a gift for those funky rhythms......a lot more progressive in her thinking and writing skills. I think she has a unique sound.

bd

Sure

Well didn't she try to run you over once? LOL
I doubt that it's all her though...cuz, she doesn't gripe like an old fart like me!!! That could only come from you. :D

BTW

Thanks Dad...
I really can't place my stuff...some of it is alternative, some rock, some kinda hokie. I just do what the little voice in my head tells me to do.

Thanks

Thanks again guys...It looks as if I am not getting as much listening on "My Perception of Things" than I did with "Joe's Song"
I think that cheezy intro did me in...gonna have to cut that...what do you think?

Good Intro

Save the intro. It shows a confidence in the song as a whole. I liked the song. I would probably redo the guitar track and make it a little tighter. But none the less, a good compilation. The vocals are a tiny bit muddy and indicernable but if that is what you were going for they balance alright for a level. I hope I dont sound overly critical. Soon my tunes will be on here and you will all get your chance.

thanks

It is the mp3 format along with the vox being drowned out...It was a first of a series...eventually, it gets better...I will have to post something halfway decent next time...I've got quite a few. I am just a tad bit "shy"
Promise the next one will be better.

2nd Post

Hi bdbdbucksKID,
Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in the pot also. I think you did a great job. Especially if this an early effort recording! You have a great voice and your guitar style kind of reminds me of one of my favorites - Ani DiFranco. She has a very unusual style of rhythm playing that makes for some memorable songs that rarely even come close to cliches. Keep your individuality and follow the muse where it takes you!

Back