2nd mix using suggestions

It's pretty cheesy (cookie cutter I think was one accurate description)

:)

Okay, on to the song...

I thought the vocals were a little bit hot during the sections when the note was held, at least it sounded like it on my end. The drums sounded like they couldv'e come up in the mix a bit.

Song wise, it wasn't really up my alley ,sorry bout' that ... :(

I didn't hear this the first time, so I'm not sure what changes were made. The vocal just sounded a little bit too out front and hot in places. Maybe lowering, or bringing out the rest of the instruments may help a bit.

I like the playing overall, it just sounded like the mix wasn't quite there...of course, it may just be my computer as well ...

:)

Well, I didn't hear the first version...

And these comments are mostly personal opinion, of course.

It seems to me that there is too much reverb on the drums - the reverb sound itself sounds okay, but maybe too much of it.

I DON'T think the vocals are mixed too high.
But the synth line that follows the melody - that sounds too high in the mix.

And the bass sounds weak - too high, but comes out nicely for the busy fills.

I like the stereo seperated acoustics. But maybe too much seperation?

The parts sound well-recorded to me, maybe just over-produced.

Does that help?

I'm torn on that drum sound. On one hand, it doesn't exactly fit the tune, but on the other hand... it doesn't exactly fit the tune, which is kind of cool. It adds an interesting roughness to an otherwise pretty "smooth" song.

So I vote leave it. I also like the levels of the vox. And pretty much everything else.

Maybe a touch more bass would be good.

Chris

I missed the first version, but like this one.

The drums sound really good in a unique way. If you're not looking for unique I'd say lighten up on the reverb. But I like the reverb sound. The toms stand out a bit too much on the fills. Backwards cymbal or splash (or whatever that was) was cool.

I'm not crazy about the synth - but that's preference. I don't think this would sound cheesy if it weren't for the synth.

Acoustics sound awesome! Nice playing there. I liked the vocals and the bass a lot too.

The song was just all of a sudden finished. Maybe some vocal harmonies towards the end would help with the song structure.

This has an analog-like sound to it. Reminds me of of a Fostex 8-track 1/2".

I'm not real fond of the snare sound, but it does fit the tune. Too much 'verb for my taste. The bass and toms kind of jump out a bit too much in a few spots too.

This song is just crying out for some backing vocals.

Back