2K laptop???

vineband

nothing but a harp
I have been shopping laptops for a while... last week i went into the mac store and looked for something to impress me. Visually, the computers were amazing. But honestly there is no one in my life that could help me with it because I am surrounded by PC's in my world. As much as i want to join the world of "pro's" and buy a mac it seems like the gap is closing fast between the two worlds in terms of performance and style. Not to mention i would want to buy a macbook pro which still has a couple months until everything i own will work with it...

So i am 90% sure i am buying a pc and need some advice on what the perfect pc would be for my needs. I am replacing 3 CPU's (work, home, and work) I need a machine that will record 18 tracks at a time on my 002. I will use photoshop, word, and all the normal programs. I will not be doing much video. I average about 1 project a month in recording from my home.

I have 2K to spend and want to get something that will last me 3-4 years. If you have 2K in your pocket and i told you to go buy a laptop what would you get?

i think a 17" is a must... am i wrong?

i think i wont care how heavy it is taking it to work everyday... am i wrong?

i think i need a number pad because i use shortcuts from it.... am i wrong?

toshiba laptop that i liked

what about newest dell generation laptops?

I have a Toshiba p-25. Nice machine, too heavy, too big (17 inch widescreen). The power connector in the rear came loose and put me through a week of headaches and a new power adapter before I figured out it was the internal connection, which I had to resolder. Anyway, once that was fixed I ended up breaking something else (capacitor fell off). Needless to say, the laptop is still in pieces on my desk.

Back