24 Track Setup / Alesis HD24 / Motu 2408mk3

darnold

I posted this up on Craiglist to try and sell some of my equipment locally with very little luck. So i decided to throw my add up here for people who might be more interested. Feel free to email me with any questions or picture requests. Prices are also nogetioable especially if purchasing in a package bundle. Descriptions are spiced up a bit.

--------------------------------------

Up for sale is a full 24 track Portable Recording setup for doing studio, project studio, live shows, etc. This is a great setup that has worked flawlessly for years. Never thought i would be selling it but i decided to simplify my setup.

Seck Model 1882 mkII Mixer / $500 - This aint no Mackie or Yamaha. Its authentic British Pres and and EQ that give some real kickin jive to your sound. These pres really pack a punch that you would expect from British circuitry that you cant find in sterile Macki and Yamaha boards. 18 channels of Mic XLR, inserts, line in, and tape ins on every channel. Seperate monitor section on each channel for doing isolated stereo headphone mix. Eq is made up of a 10Khz shelvable high gain knob, sweepable mid semi parametric, and 45hz shelvable lows that sound sweet. Best part of this package is all this with an 8 bus output (swappable 16 total) and 2 master outs. 2 Aux and 2 Aux Echo sends with 4 returns. This thing looks beautiful! Thin and lightweight with a swivle handle across the top for excellent and easy portability. You wont find another mixer like this one. Its special. Recently cleaned and refurbished from a great tech out of Utah. You wont find a better 18 channel 8 bus mixer in this price range.

Motu 2408mk3 Recording Interface / $400 - This interface is loaded with everything i have ever needed for years. 24 channels of ADAT optical, 24 channels of Tascam TDIF, 8 channels Analog in and Out (quarter inch), SPDIF in and out, word clock, SMPTE, all in 24bit 96khz sampling. The converters in this thing are awesome. Never needed anything else. Headphone and awesome metering on the front of a rackable external breakout box. Included is the PCI - 424 card that allows 4 of these units to be connected using a cable that is similar to Firewire. The PCI card allows for 0 latency monitoring and a total of 96 simultaneous tracks to be recorded at one time. Its a whole lot of interface with everything you need to flexibly expand your studio.

Alesis HD24 / $800 - This is a hard one for me to let go. Infact i may not depending on how im feeling. :) Its really a treasure to have. 24 analog ins and 24 analog outs all in quarter inch format all on the back on this thing. Every track can be recorded onto swappable ATA harddrives for hours and hours of recording time. Total portability for recording all your tracks straight out of the board at a show independent and seperate from each other for post production mixing. I have been able to do 15 hours of 24 tracks onto a single drive over a weekend music festival and the sound is just incredible. All of these tracks can be digitally dumped via ADAT optical to the Motu 2408mk3 with no loss of signal or further digital to analog conversion. SMOOOTH setup. For studio use the Alesis can be used as a 24track front end converter to the Motu 2408mk3, bypassing the harddrive to allow straight simultaneous 24 tracks at a time right into the computer in the comfort of your own studio. This really is a great set up and has worked flawless for me. Included is a 40gig ATA (more drives may be negotiable)

Package deal including everything / $1600

This is a great and complete setup. Imagine being able to put 12 mics on a drumset, run a bass DI, and mic up your guitar amp and vocals and record everything live at once at your home or studio. If you need 6 more channels of pres you can easily expand your preamp selection by either added another small mixer or 8 channel pre to maximize your input section. I am also willing to throw in 4 4 channel insert channel snakes to allow 16 tracks out of any mixer with insert channels and 24 channels of ADAT optical cabling if purchased in a package deal.

Please contact me with any questions or if you would like to take a look at this equipment. Pictures will be available on request. Everything is legit and in perfect working condition. I work at Guitar Center in Pro Audio and do sound at the Knitting Factory so you can check out credentials. Also open for any chat and discussion of audio recording and equipment.

Thanks,
Danny
skadarnold@gmail.com

Last edited:
Willing to consider and accept offers. I will also throw in an extra Motu 2408mkII breakout box and extra PCI 324 with the purchase of the Mk3. Not as nice of converters but will allow the ability of 16x16 anolog ins and outs an 48digital channels right out of the box.

Well i wasnt really thinking of trading but i would consider it depending on how things turn out. I guess mics, possibly pres would be a good place to start.

Danny

Back