24/96 Vs 10/10lt - Quality or quantity

Fishybob

Hi y'all.

I've just got round to updating my system to include a new Yamaha 12/4 mixer. I plan to use it mainly for the Preamps and send the signal out of each channel 'send' into an individual track on a soundcard.

I'm using an Audiophile 24/96 at the mement and think it sounds great. To make the most of these preamps I want to run each into it's own soundcard channel. The question...

... Is there a noticable sound quality difference in the inputs of each of these cards?

The LT just seems SO cheap. I wanted the 10/10 but as it'll be hardwired into my mixer anyway the breakout box would be redundant anyway.

Opinions please... :confused:

The Audiophile is probably similar enough.
The Delta 1010LT supports the same bit/sample rates, so that's no different, and if you have both the Delta and Audiophile installed at once, you might be able to use them simultaneously (for 12-16 inputs, depending on if you have/use SPDIF components) as some Delta cards support this.

True... I had heard that you can run more than one Delta card at once - been warned off doing so with the 44 because of some internal clock thingy. Not sure if that affects the 10/10lt though...?

I'd probably stick to the 24/96 for vox anyway. It sounds sweet at the moment. I just needed more flexibility.

anyone else tried both?

Fishybob said:
Hi y'all.

I wanted the 10/10 but as it'll be hardwired into my mixer anyway the breakout box would be redundant anyway.

Opinions please... :confused:

The breakout box on the 1010 houses the convertors and keeps them out of your computer and isolated from any electrical noise in there. They are of a much higher quality thatn the LT, hence the price. Mine are also hard wired to my mixer but they are anything but redundant. And hey.....they make nice rack fillers :D

I'm not saying the LT isn't a good card to get you started with multitracking, but the full 1010 is better.

Back