jedblue

beep beep beep beep beep
Season greetings friends. I've had a lot of fun in '09 and it's been good to be involved with all you crazy cats. Here's the recorded output so far. I'm quite happy with all this lot...

2009Output.jpg

1. "Fast Food" mono cassette one mike Lonely Few cassette recording in the rehearsal room on the Marantz PDM222 reporters cassette deck. Dubbed off to the Akai GX95 in 'dual mono' and stored in the noodle box.
2. "Spacejunk" live to two track all analog blues boogie cassette EP from Stormcellar recorded on the Tascam M3500 to the Revox PR99 and mastered down to the Otari MX5050, dubbed off to the Akai GX95 and stored in the Spacejunk baked bean can spaceship.
3. "32/16" live to the Akai GX95 stereo cassette free form performance by rOn.KnOb on the old 1970's Yamaha CS-30 analog mono synth and stored in the gold Italian Tomato tin can.
4. "Tamed Turkey" rOn.KnOb remix of 5 minutes of "32/16" using three cassette decks, Alesis SR16 drum machine, Roland VR760 electric piano & Roland analog spring reverb for the Cassette Culture "Musique concrète" compilation.
5, 6, 7 & 8. Four Lonely Few cassingle releases of live two two track all analog recordings using multiple mikes, the Studer 089 desk & Revox PR99 1/4". Mastered down to mono via various all analog outboards to the Nagra IV and dubbed off at normal speed to cassette on the Akai GX95.
9. David Carter's "Small Fires" all analog live to two track album again using the Studer 089 & Revox PR99 combo. Mixed & mastered down to the two track Otari 5050 using the Nagra IV as tape echo and the Roland spring reverb for instant Elvis. Dubbed off to C45 cassette at normal speed using the Akai GX95. Also released on cd.
10, 11 & 12. Three all digital 'Donald Deep Jeffs' four tune EP's recorded on the 16 track 8 channel MTR with Donald writing all tunes, playing all instruments and singing all vocals.
13. Geedon Columbus's four track Tascam Portastudio, one mike, all acoustic instrument, four tune EP "Standing Next To Jesus". Mixed down directly to the Akai GX95 with a one of unique mix for each final copy. Presented in the popsickle stick hand made box.

And the forecast for the two thousand and tens? More of the same I reckon.

First off will be the live to Nagra IV, mono, ribbon mike, acoustic delta blues album by Danny 'Boy' Sexton.

Have a good festive season everyone.

:p

All cool tunes. I've listened to the tapes you've sent me several times. What happened to you in the post your analog recording thread? Have a good one.

Too bad I didn't catch those when they were available.:( I've heard some of the mp3s you posted up and they sound great. Unbelievable what one can do with such simple recording equipment.;)

Back