2 songs from my bands first gig...

VOXVENDOR

We're a cover band....

Terrible recordings, non-mixable.......The Audio was taken from the audio from a dv camera......

This was our first gig.

Long time coming, comments much apprecitated!

My first "being a drummer" live paying gig.....

Joe
www.voxvendor.com/stickingissue

Pop goes the weasel????

:D !.............

yeah man......I am digging it........

Intro was cool....slammin' dem skins eh? :D

BTW....your site is way cool....I d/l'd 4 1/2 megs in less than a minute....

Both are cool jams man....

Rock steady Joe....you are on your way Mr. Musician sir......

you got paid!
Fuckin' aye..........eh? :D

Joe

Proud 2 B Canadian

I LOVE WMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent some time in Saskatchewan in the 80's
and impressed with the type of musician that comes from such a sparcely populated place.

Canuck rock at it's finest.
Nice cover BTW

:D Canuck Rock :D , I dunno why that tickles me, just does ... HEY , gimmie somma dat cash mon !

Gonna download and enjoy this man's first paying gig.

CONGRATS !!!

YAY!!!! MONEY!!!!!!!!

Was it after this gig where you were drunk with Taco Bell food?
That'd be cool.....we were drunk and gigging together! :)

Nice and steady man........band sounds good......first gig huh?
You'll really be kickin' in about 6 mos of gigging......sounds like the crowd liked you......congrats.
Let me know when you gig again and we can meet up at Vox Chat while we eat our junkfood.

Well, you've got plenty of level here, lots of signal, it's loud, that's good.

Intro Money City Maniacs
------------------------------------
Crazzzeeee man ... police, jets ... did ya have fun ? :D

Drums sound good, compressed so they are not slamming the hell out of everything else.
The snare is hot, the kick, is a click, not much bottom end.

And I hope this can help ya'll in your next recordings.

There is a lot of distortion, clipping on the bass.

Guitar sounds OK, there are general phasing issues with mic placement :D !

Live recordings are NOT EASY, they are HARD WORK, that's why you don't see a lot of bands posting MP3 of live recordings, it's a different animal all together, and an enginner who can do a good live recording is usually 'the shit' in the studio, the studio is like a playground for that kind of skill.

I can hear the babes talking ... HEY ya got CHICKS at yer GIG !!!! that's a good thing ya know, the dudes will try to get 'em drunk, and the club owner likes that.

Can ya hear us ok ? what a comedian ! :D

Thanks alot for listening everyone... The recording really sucks, it was just from a video camera we had there filming us..

I just wanted to share it with ya's....

I loaded the audio into Pro Tools and compressed and eq'd it a bit, but thats all I could really do unfortunately..

Our next gig is this weekend and im going to rent an Adat and use my little 16 channel Mackie..... 2 mics at the drums( one OH and one in kick)..... Bass direct..... Guitar amp miked with 2 mikes and a line coming off the P.A. for vocals..

Lt. Bob.. It's a date man!!!

I am waaaayyy impressed. Nice tight band, and the arrangements reflect the talent and taste. No junk in there. Damned good for a "camera" lol.... You need to take a send from the board and mix it with a mic or two on a lil mixer at one of your gigs sometime.

Vox,
Recording was good...for a camera :) Seriously you guys sounded great your first time out!

Nice intro.

Good and tight, overall.

It's hard to give mix advice on a song recorded from a d/v camera, so I won't attempt to.

It's a cool little tune. Nice work.

Embarrassingly, I have to admit to being a little disappointed. The earlier posts built this up until I was expecting to hear the next Rush! So I went into it with unreasonably high expectations. I don't hear SLuiCe get this much praise on his studio efforts sometimes!

Still, it's a good song, well played. The band sounds like a keeper line-up. What drum set does your drummer use? The sound reminds me SO much of a THOR set I had in high school.

Good times, man... good times.

Piltdown Man

Thanks...

I'm the drummer, I use a Pearl Session Custom 100% maple kit.... It sounds horrible on that recording...... It sounds nothing like that in real life, I assure you.. :D

The snare sounds loose and ricketty in this recording for some reason, when it really sounded tight, and had a good crack with a nice ring behind it....

Thanks for listening!

Joe

VOXVENDOR said:

The snare sounds loose and ricketty in this recording for some reason,
Uhhhh................... camera recording chain maybe? Could that have possibly contributed to it? Just guessing........:D

I knew I should have bought the Sony!... I hear the new Sony handicams boast a new "ricketty snare" reduction chip just for this exact purpose.

HEY , which nite(s) are you gigging? And what time zone?
I'll be looking for you at Voxchat about 3 in the morning.

Hey Vox - sounds like you guys have it together. Drums are a bit loud though :p :D

Sounds really great. Especially for a first gig. Nice job. Hmmmm....maybe I will get out and get a band together some day soon. Maybe after my daughter gets school age. Don't know if I'll ever have the time again, but it sure would be fun to get out and play again someday (well, sing really, you can't really call what I do playing :D)

Nice work man!!

LMAO!! Pop Goes the Weasel... then THe KNIGHTRIDER theme...

Guitar is making your snare vibrate :o

Really rocking tunes... a killer song. (money city maniacs)
Singer sounds like Rick Springfield :p That guitar sound is beautiful... reminds me of a kickass band I can't name right now... it has a touch of the Vines sound... (but much better) you guys rule

VOXY (Midnite rain)

O god no!!! :eek: REO SPEEEDWAGON?? :eek: AAAAIGH! :(

Just don't sing like that guy... "for eeeeee veRRRRRRRRR" :rolleyes:

Great bass sound... the song kicks it up at 1:35... really nice. Love the chromatic progression....

Ah... listen to ya joe... lil' triplets on the hat everywhere... yup... joe was here :p

Nice!!

pants

Back