2-sided gobo?

partonkevin

I need some gobo advice. I have a large rehearsal room. Aprox. 24x35 with high vaulted ceilings. It sounds pretty good. I'm wanting to do some recording and I want a degree of separation. I've been looking at gobo designs and most seem to have a soft side backed with drywall or wood to keep sound from passing through. This, of course, leaves a backside that is hard and reflective. I'm concerned about that. Is it a problem? Or should I try to build something that will take care of reflections on both sides? I'm looking for something that won't be to obtrusive.

Not sure what would be obtrusive or not. I built one on 6"x1" frame (standard stuff, actually it comes out quite a bit thinner than that) around 4'x 6' 1/2 or 5/8 ply wood.

I set the ply so it's off center to get one side deeper, and the ply thickness.. could go either way- I wanted some barrier effect and tried to get one side to go lower is all.. Stuff and wrap. Put some swivel plank feet on..
This is just large enough to partly section off a kit or part of the room. Similar could be done for smaller duties.

Back