2 man band

HangDawg

bUnGhOlIo
This is a 2 man band that I'm recording. Lots of synth stuff, loop pedals, drum thingies but it's kind of cool. It's a lot different than the metal stuff I've been doing lately.

Cool stuff. I think the vocals could come up a little bit. I want the snare drum to have a bit more attack as well. Other than those two things I think it sounds really great. Cool guitar tones.

Im curious how you track all these noises, do you just let them sit down and program their sounds and record midi? make them play it out of an amp? Do they have everything arranged already or do they spend time figuring out what more to add to the base of the song? It's a bit different than what im used to. If I were making the music I'd have all the time to sit down and figure everything out but when theyre coming to you it must be a different story. So how do they arrange? Is it all prior or in the studio? Thanks. Really nice sound though. I think people will like the good production.

Cool stuff. I think the vocals could come up a little bit. I want the snare drum to have a bit more attack as well. Other than those two things I think it sounds really great. Cool guitar tones.

Im curious how you track all these noises, do you just let them sit down and program their sounds and record midi? make them play it out of an amp? Do they have everything arranged already or do they spend time figuring out what more to add to the base of the song? It's a bit different than what im used to. If I were making the music I'd have all the time to sit down and figure everything out but when theyre coming to you it must be a different story. So how do they arrange? Is it all prior or in the studio? Thanks. Really nice sound though. I think people will like the good production.

Yeah the vocals could come up. It was a toss up though between making you listen or jam them in yer face. Can't do anything with the snare really cause it was a pre programmed drum loop.

There's no midi they have a couple drum machines a couple loop pedals and an alesis keyboard. He recorded loops onto the pedals right there and they have foot pedals to start everything. Guitar was through my rectifier and the bass player was direct into the board. They play this stuff live with 2 people. They didn't add anything the can't do live.

Wow. Easier than I expected (for you). Came out nice. I'm glad they have everything programmed for you and can play it live. I now like that band:). Thanks, Erockrazor

There's no midi they have a couple drum machines a couple loop pedals and an alesis keyboard. He recorded loops onto the pedals right there and they have foot pedals to start everything. Guitar was through my rectifier and the bass player was direct into the board. They play this stuff live with 2 people. They didn't add anything the can't do live.

yikes. sounds like a nightmare.
it would seem that you were pretty limited in what you are able to do with it on your end.
good job.

- damn good for live....
- at the beginning the drums sound a bit loud
- the mix (especially the vocals) sound at times like an 80's band like AHA or something. Might be the reverb/echo you're using, not bad just an observation.
- Great voice, really, the screams kick this way up nicely.
- I like the bass guitar tone you've developed, it sounds like being played with a pick?
- the guitar tone is cool too - not like the Mesa F50? I've used before, much smoother and almost dare I say Marshallesque?
- vocals are fine (for me) at the level they are at.
- overall a great mix....

:):D:):D

- damn good for live....
- at the beginning the drums sound a bit loud
- the mix (especially the vocals) sound at times like an 80's band like AHA or something. Might be the reverb/echo you're using, not bad just an observation.
- Great voice, really, the screams kick this way up nicely.
- I like the bass guitar tone you've developed, it sounds like being played with a pick?
- the guitar tone is cool too - not like the Mesa F50? I've used before, much smoother and almost dare I say Marshallesque?
- vocals are fine (for me) at the level they are at.
- overall a great mix....

:):D:):D

Thanks for the listen.

He did play the bass with a pick. Probably a good thing.

I do love my boogie. It's been modded by voodoo amps.

Back