2 Delta 1010LT Cards and S/PDIF Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

takk

I have been using the two cards together for a while now without problems. The cards are connected via S/PDIF cable Card1->Card2 (sends timing data only) this keeps the tracks recorded simultaneously across both cards in sync when I record to Sonar.

Up until now I've been using Sonar's input monitoring to listen to the signals as they are recorded. This causes a little bit of latency and generally isn't much of a problem. But I am finding that when recording many tracks (especially drums) software monitoring through Sonar isn't really cutting it. Here's my question...

I know the Delta control panel allows you to set either the Outputs1/2 or S/PDIF Out to "Monitor Mix". This is done with virtually no latency. The problem is I can't use the S/PDIF Out/in of the cards and hear what's going into Card2 on my monitors hooked up to Card1. This is getting hard to describe. Here's the signal chain:

SM58-->MicPre-->Delta1010LT#2(analog input #5)-->Delta1010LT#2(S/PDIF Out)-->Delta1010LT#1(S/PDIF In)-->Delta1010LT#1(Analog Outs 1/2)-->Powered Monitors

I am using a digital coaxial cable for S/PDIF In/Out

Card2 has S/PDIF set for "Monitor Mix" and Card1 has Analog Outs 1/2 set to "Monitor Mix"

But Card1 gets no signal from Card2 when setup like this.

If I sacrifice my analog ins/outs instead of using S/PDIF it works fine. But that seems like a waste to me.

Anyone know about this?

- Takk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back