2 Blue Bluebird Microphones

darnold

I am selling both of my Blue Bluebird microphones. I have owned them for 2 years and really have only used them 3 or 4 times with very minimum time. They are great sounding microphones but i just have other high end mics that i use more. This is a great deal for anyone looking for a good set of microphones. I have been doing audio recording for over 10 years and i take really good care of my gear. PM or reply if interested. Only serious offers please. Transaction will be simple and easy.

$210 /each

$400 /pair

Edit : Prices include shipping.

Danny

Last edited:
How are the shock mounts holding up?
I have hear they can be problematic or crazy saggy.

I have used one of these before and was highly impressed.
I would not mind a pair of them personally if everything is in good order.

How are the shock mounts holding up?
I have hear they can be problematic or crazy saggy.
Tom:
That whole "Saggy mounts" thing is a bit of a myth in my books.
I can't speak for the OP but I do have a pair of Bluebirds myself.
The spider mount is about the same quality and design as the Samsons.
Something to remember is that for those who can't turn the wing nut tight enough, there is such a thing as lubricating the threads. (just the threads)
Just a thought.

I have had to replace one of the shockmounts before. I guess Blue had a large defective batch of them. Its funny you mention that because the wing nut on the other one just broke and im working with blue to get it replaced. Fortunately Blue has excellent service.

I feel i have a pretty good price for someone who would like to add these mics to their collection. Im not really in much of a hurry to sell them, in fact i am tempted to keep them. They surely have their uses and have a very specific color. Its just ever since i got a another pair of C414s i very rarely find these in use. I figured I would sell them and find something that i might put to better use. Perhaps a better set of small diaphragms or something.

Someone better speak up about them though before i change my mind. :D Last time i tried them as drum overheads in my room i was quite impressed the way they brought out the liveness of the entire set. I will keep you informed about the shockmount. If I cant get it replaced with Blue (which would surprise me) then i will negotiate other prices.

So Blue as usual is being awesome about getting that shockmount replaced to their knewer updated version that should work better. I havnt really had any problem with sagging with those. Just a weak wingnut for tightening. However that should all be taken care of by now.

They are both still available for the lucky person who wants them. :)

So whats the deal with this? Does everyone know that this is a good deal for mics that have been used probably less than 4 times? The shockmount for the one is getting replaced even as we speak.

It is an excellent price.
As far as my own situation goes, since the last time I posted in this thread I had my car transmission go out and had to use all i had to get it fixed...no discretionary spending for me...

I guess i could try that. I havnt used ebay for selling yet. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Is there a rush?

Just hold out for a little while ... you know I find it hard to believe but a lot of noobies don't even know that this free ad forum is here!!
When I see them posting in the microphone forum asking about this mic and that mic I tell them that there is one for sale over here.
I don't understand it? When I log on I have all of the forums right up in front of me .... maybe they have book marked just a certain forum.

Thanks! I just thought at those prices these mics would fly out of here quickly. Im not necessarily in a major rush i just have been trying to make plans for other gear that i need. I would like to get it taken care of during this month. I guess it gives me more time to research and study what i need to get mixer wise but it would be a lot easier to know what budget im working with.

Thanks for the help. Ill let you know if they end up on ebay or not.

Don't forget tax rebates are just around the corner and with that kind of money floating around they will go quickly here.

I just referred these mics to a noob from the microphone forum.

Back