1st Effort on new Tascam 2488

tws

How about some British Rock?

I'd really appreciate any feedback about the song if you all wouldnt mind. I just got the 2488 yesterday and this is my first try at recording some stuff. You can check it out at http://www.ardrossanband.com/will.html

It's a cover of the song "Morning Glory" by Oasis. Its one of the songs my band covers.
The drums were hand played on a SR-16.
Please forgive the singing, i havent had a chance to get our vocalist to come over and lay the vox down so i figured i would try. You all will hear why i dont sing in the band!! I had to take it an octave lower cause i cant sing as high as the real thing and then it became too low but oh well!!! Also, my bass is currently at a friends house so I'll be adding the bass parts later tonight and ill hopefully get our drummer over soon too. Ill try to figure something else out. Thanks for taking the time to listen! Im pretty happy with the guitar sound that i got ( i think )Any general comments or comments about eq'ing or stuff like that would be great.!!

Last edited:
I updated the song a little bit. It can now be listened to at www.nowhereradio.com/williammacmorran. I finally got chris to come over to do a vocal track, but its still going to be redone. Im not sure if i got the best sound and pitch is suspect. I had him sing into a C 2000B AKG Condensor and had it about a foot away, a little higher than his head. Let me know what i should work on. Any comments are appreciated!

Back