1994 MIA 40th Anniversary Strat....

dmc777

I was the guy who posted about a week ago about getting a new MIM strat but I've found one of these in my area. Anyone got one of these strats? I have a guy selling one for 500 and am thinking about purchasing it. It has the serial number on the front of the headstock as well as a little 40th anniversary flag. Also, I've read somewhere that the pickups were ran like a "swimming pool" or something....not really sure what that means if someone would like to feel me in. Just curious to hear other users thoughts and opinions on this guitar and if I should get it. Thanks in advance!

Yep, I've got one--'94 MIA 40th anniversary. It's the white Strat of my username.

The swimming pool reference simply means that instead of 3 individual body cavities (one for each pickup) there's one large rectangular rout that encompasses all 3 pickups.

It can be seen in this thread I posted a while back when I was modding mine:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=260682

I love mine. FWIW, I bought it (brand new) when I had no other decent guitars, so maybe I was easily impressed and ready to bond. But bond I did. I'm meticulous about the set up and keep it flat and fast, so it's hard for me to compare it to other Strats--they're never set up like mine. But even as I've tried, I've never found one I like as much as mine.

Back