1970's Rogers Kit

DTBlalock

Well I've got the old Rogers XP-8 set...but I don't know if this is a rare production or what. Research has brought me nowhere. But the set is a dark green Rogers XP-8:

14" rack tom
15" rack tom
20" floor tom
24" kick

I don't have the original snare...instead i was given a ludwig super sensitive. But does anyone know anything about the production of this particular set?

oh yes. It's so big that it is hard to tune. I don't really use it though, i set up the 14 on the rack and use the 15 as a floor tom mounted on a cymbal/tom stand.

I can't tell you about the exact manufacturing process. I kind of remember those being one of the first really cool sort of modern drumkits to come around. They had the cool Rogers memorilock hardware and some heavy duty tubes holding everything up. A lot of heavy duty guys were using them. I believe thay are an 8 ply shell but I can't remember if they were maple or not.
I had a set a long time ago. I wish I still had them.

Theres a guy up in Seattle named Jerry who owns the Seattle Drum Shop. He could probably tell you everything you need to know.

edyer said:
I can't tell you about the exact manufacturing process. I kind of remember those being one of the first really cool sort of modern drumkits to come around. They had the cool Rogers memorilock hardware and some heavy duty tubes holding everything up. A lot of heavy duty guys were using them. I believe thay are an 8 ply shell but I can't remember if they were maple or not.
I had a set a long time ago. I wish I still had them.

Theres a guy up in Seattle named Jerry who owns the Seattle Drum Shop. He could probably tell you everything you need to know.

Thanks dude. That's cool to me that you noted them as the first cool/modern setup. Is there a way I can contact this guy?

Back