19 hours ago?

Really liking the OneQ I got a while ago:cool: Picked up a MPA too. Still trying out different tubes on it. Gonna run two different tubes in it for more flavors. Pretty happy with my board for overheads so I see no reason for keeping both channels the same.

Happy now?

F.S.

Stream of consciousness. Why not?

I just replaced my Aardvark Q10 with an Aurora 8. Of course, now I have to deal with monitoring and phones as the Q10, like a lot of "all in one" interfaces, also had monitor and phones features, but the Aurora doesn't. I'll also need to do something about Midi as well so I can connect Midi devices such as my MotorMix control surface.

Anyone got suggestions? For phones and monitoring I'm considering a Central Station, mostly because I'm not that enthused about springing for a Coleman after spending money on the Aurora and AES16 card. Anything better than a Central Station, but cheaper than a Coleman?

For Midi I'm looking at the MAudio USB products. Something on the order of the Midisport 4X4 or something similar. I don't need a lot of Midi ports, but I figure I should get more than a couple if I'm going to bother at all. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Is MOTU any better?

I'm running a nondescript PC Platform and Sonar 6. NHTPro A-10s with a sub and Avantone Cubes for monitors. I have a OZ Audio HR-4 headphone amp I would use for distribution.

Thanks!!

OK. I've now made my contribution to this thread.:D

Stream of consciousness. Why not?

I just replaced my Aardvark Q10 with an Aurora 8. Of course, now I have to deal with monitoring and phones as the Q10, like a lot of "all in one" interfaces, also had monitor and phones features, but the Aurora doesn't. I'll also need to do something about Midi as well so I can connect Midi devices such as my MotorMix control surface.

Anyone got suggestions?
Thanks!!
I keep meaning to pick up an SMPro M-Patch 2-- it's a passive attenuator and monitor switcher. It has a headphone jack, but the amplifier is supposedly a bit crappy. It's way cheaper than the Central Station, but only has two sets of outputs in case the headphone output wasn't adequate.
There's also the Mackie Big Knob, but that's gotten very mixed reviews.

I keep meaning to pick up an SMPro M-Patch 2-- it's a passive attenuator and monitor switcher. It has a headphone jack, but the amplifier is supposedly a bit crappy. It's way cheaper than the Central Station, but only has two sets of outputs in case the headphone output wasn't adequate.
There's also the Mackie Big Knob, but that's gotten very mixed reviews.

Yeah, I considered the M-Patch-2, but ultimately decided I wanted more ins and outs. And the headphone amp wasn't universally loved. Too bad, it looks somewhat less cheesy than the Central Station. :D It seems that there is a substantial gulf between M-Patch/Big Knob/Central Station on the one hand and Coleman, SPL, Dangerous, Cranesong on the other. Of the lower priced units, it seems that the Central Station may be the best option (or at least there are fewer negative posts about it). I kept hoping I could get a deal on e-bay on a Coleman, and limp along with an NHT PVC in the interim, but they don't appear that often. Well, unless I get lucky on e-bay, it looks like it will be a Central Station. Happily, you can readily snag them for @$390 which is a bit cheaper than the $499 that everyone typically quotes.

Does anyone know the brand of the stand mounted microphone isolation screen... not the "Mic Thing" it's a different one... this one has hard absorption panels wrapped in a small semi-circle

I looked at this thread exactly 19 hours after boingoman posted this... weeeeeeeiiiiiiiiird. Doesn't that blow your mind?

Back