1884 question

SteveK

How can I assign a channel on the 1884 to a different channel in Cubase for overdubbing? So if tracks 1-8 in Cubase are in use, how do I assign track 1 on the 1884 to correspond with track 9 in Cubase?

Last edited:
SteveK said:
How can I assign a channel on the 1884 to a different channel in Cubase for overdubbing? So if tracks 1-8 in Cubase are in use, how do I assign track 1 on the 1884 to correspond with track 9 in Cubase?

You would do that in Cubase for the track properties.

Just change the input on Channel 9 in cubase to Channel 1.

Make sense ?

SteveK said:
Where are track properties? I'm using Cubase SL 2.0

SteveK - When you select a track and click on the Edit button you should have an option for in and out channels.

No offense man, but it's a pretty basic function of Cubase. I'd suggest reading the manual for Cubase and the manual for the 1884 with cubase again so you have a better understanding.

No offense taken. I spoke with the tech support at Tascam again , and it seems that the busses were not set up correctly. I tried reading both manuals, and bought a couple of books on Cubase, but I was having a hard time relating the information in the books to the actual applications. Sorry for being such a newbie. Any questions about guitars and amps though...I'm your man :rolleyes: ;)

SteveK said:
No offense taken. I spoke with the tech support at Tascam again , and it seems that the busses were not set up correctly. I tried reading both manuals, and bought a couple of books on Cubase, but I was having a hard time relating the information in the books to the actual applications. Sorry for being such a newbie. Any questions about guitars and amps though...I'm your man :rolleyes: ;)

Hey it's all good. Now that we've gotten that out of the way check out www.tascamforums.com. There is a whole section dedicated to the 1884. Lot's of knowledgable users there.

Good luck Steve!

Dave :)

Back