18 years old learning to produce!

Chillez

Hi,

I'm 18 years old , started producing 4 years ago with a lot of stops.. Now I have one of my firsts realeases online and i hope you can find mistakes, and say what you think about it. I would appreciate it a lot. Hope you have a nice day and an wonderfull weekend!

https://soundcloud.com/mpr123-287920112/chill-1

Last edited:
I sense click bait. :D

Now if you are 18, and started 4 years from now, that would mean you'd have nothing released till 2020 and would be 22. :D

Also posted in the wrong section IMO. To me a noob is someone who does not know his AI from his elbow.

Four years! FFS!

Dave.

Sorry my english isn't very accurate, i am really 18 years old i can give you my facebook for identity and talk to me if you want mate. And ecc83 i am a noob, i want to learn more, i will always be a noob, but can you advise me some better sub forum, so i can post it there? I'm trying to show my work to the world, and i need more opinions about my work, so I can get better! But thanks anyways for the reply!

Ah, a language barrier would explain your first post not making sense.

Welcome, and hope you learn lots here.
You have a good weekend too!
:D

Don't worry about it. You are doing fine.
I'm the ignorant one. You know my language, but I don't know yours.

You're not ignorant my friend and I really appreciate you came to comment my post, thats a awesome thing that you did! (And by the way if you wanted to learn my language I bet you would do really fine, I believe you are a smart person :thumbs up:)

Hello Chillez,
Very cool. I enjoyed listening. What jumped out to me was that the panning seems to jump back and forth a lot and was making it hard for me to chill. Also, I think it would help a lot if you quantized the keyboard part (really all of it that isn't quantized I guess).

This is dance music, so you might want to keep that uppermost in your mind as you think about your arrangement and mix. That said, I've never been to a rave-or-whatnot even one time in my life, so I don't know the conventions of the genre. But it seems to me you've got some dance floor-clearing moments in there. Places where the kick is too low relative to the synths, the part in the middle, where the beat drops out completely, and pretty much everywhere that you have that odd tremolo-steel drum patch that seems to be fighting your groove. Maybe it's the wrong patch, or maybe the tremolo isn't quite synced to the song tempo. I would find it hard to dance to that--but then, I find it hard to dance period. In the opening section, there is a little bit of timing tension between the lead synth line and the kick drum. It's actually kind of interesting to listen to there, less so when it repeats later in the song. Have you tried dancing to this? Do.

Get your groove rock solid. Everything else will fall into place.

lots of good contrast in chill 1 :)

lets go shows you need to learn some music theory (noooooooooo! i hear you cry,yes says i :) )

theres also great advice for your style of music here

image line (FL studio forum) Index page ? Image-Line

Not too bad sir, welcome to the forum. the keyboard part at about 1:30 is odd, the fade at 1:50 is cool. when the snare roll comes in, it is way out of sync. overall I think you have the sound you are going for ( I assume dance music) the kick sounds really good too. keep at it, :D

Thank you Jessica for your great advice! In my next sounds I will make sure that doesn't happen again! One more time, I appreciate it very much, hope you have a nice day and an wonderfull week!

Robus , you're correct on that! It's kinda hard to dance to it, but im also learning what's the best genre for me, so I'm creating random sounds every day, so when I like one, i try to come out with something out of it. But your advice it's a huge help for me, didn't really get a thought about it, thank you very much sir for your advice! Have a nice day and an wonderfull weekend.

Thank you good sir Atkron205! Thank you for your great advice, I will realease new sounds, and I will post here always , since you all are a great community, and your advices are really helpfull! Thank you sir for your time hope you have a awesome day and an wonderfull week!

Back