16 trk digital recorder? i'm trying to track my songs

ujamaa7

Hello to all!

Here's the deal....I have a yamaha motif classic and i use it to make hip hop beats but my beats just sound horrible because the motif classic lacks when it comes to mixing down. I'm looking for a 12 to 16 track multitrack recorder that has the ability to mix my tracks, eq and add effects. I have beats that i already made on the motif stored on smart media card and would like to track out my beats track by track, would audio or midi be best for that? I dont want to go the computer route right now so i'm looking at a zoom multitrack or either yamaha or korg.

all help would definitly be greatly appreciated.

You would be infinitely better served by a computer, even if you can't have a dedicated recording rig. The software is free, and a decent interface with a couple channels would run maybe a couple hundred. The flexibility of a computer based solution grinds a standalone to dust, and your situation would utilize absolutely none of the strengths of a standalone.

korg, yamaha, and roland have some good units for standalone, but anything with electronic beats, i would jsut use the computer. standalone is more suitable for live tracking.

go PC.

1) Kristal is 16track software and is Free for home use only.
2) A high-tech spec soundcard 24/96 ability for $100, M-audio.
and your recording...
3) find some Free Mastering software into a pc which most standalones fall-back on this issue.

you may get a good demo for a minimal buck...

now if I could just find some FREE mics and preamps and monitor speakers? :p

my problem with software is

Thanks fellas for the feedback.

I need a recording software that would let me controll it with my motif buttons and sliders because clicking with a mouse is just not going to cut it for me...I want to use the remote controll feature on the motif like, record , stop, mute buttons etc....All i really need is a program that has loop record will let me mixdown my beats and eq track by track....Once i track out my beats that i already have on my smartmedia card i will be using either the software or hardware multitrack to record my beats.

Budget for software program is 150 to 200...any suggestions?
Budget for sound card is 100 to 200....any suggestions?
I can get a computer build for me for 450 (without sound card) because the one i have now is very very old and slow.

Back