1212M over Lynx Two?

shAkEz_gk

I was under the impression that the Lynx offered better converters, until I read up that they both share the same analog, but the digital the E-Mu's are newer....what the fuck?>

Ignore the chipsets. It's only a peice of the sound. How well the chipset is implemented is the real key.

I doubt seriously the 1212M can hold a candle to the LynxII. You can keep dreaming though.

ocnor said:
There are also alot of people that smoke crack.

There are a lot of people who really like the convertors on the emu cards. I couldn't give a rat's ass if you believe it or not.

c7sus said:
About your other thread.........

I think the next thing up the food chain from the Lynx2 is the 2-channel Lucid A/D & D/A converters.

Also, check out the Lynx support forum. There is a post about using the Aurora8 and the Lynx2 L-Stream I/O for expansion.

http://www.lynxstudio.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=457&PN=1

not sure if the Lucid is a step up....but if your bored you could email fletcher and ask him...merc sells both lynx2 and lucid...and i know the MAC that he has at his shop has one of the variations of the Lynx2 in there...

fraserhutch said:
There are a lot of people who really like the convertors on the emu cards. I couldn't give a rat's ass if you believe it or not.

I've heard they were better then the lower end RME's...but when you record the signals hot it gets shitty fast, but this is all hearsay never heard the emu's before....I can tell you from experience you can hit the lynx2 converters as hard as you want (even clip them ever so slightly) and they still sound as wonderful as if you hit them with a moderate signal

Back