12 channel snake 25 pin

yrs2012

hey i have a 1982 12 channel mixer hunting for a 12 channel snake with a db25 pin on the end to connect to the back of the mixer. but.... where can i find one

If it's what I think it is, it is called a D-sub connector, you can buy them for quite a few audio places. However a D-sub usually only has 8 balanced connectors, if your mixer has 12 channels running through it there could be 12 unbalanced channels on the mixer so you will have to buy a plug and cable and make your own.

Here is a link to the tascam d-sub wiring which a lot of manufactures use. Link

Alan.

no this mixer has only xlr balanced inputs no 1/4 jacks this was made at the the time mainly for studio use made from England but thanks

yrs2012

I think what witzendoz is saying (and the diagram) he linked shows is..that, 1-D-sub connector, can only support 8 balanced jacks, with the 13th pin not used.

So for your application, you would need two D-subs. One with 8 connectors, and 1 with 4. Curious, What does the 25 pin connect to?

Ron

DB25 has 25 pins so it's possible: (12 channels x 2 conductors) + 1 ground = 25 pins. Tascam uses the DB25 for 8 channels but with individual shield connection for each channel.

DB25 is different from the D-sub which can have different pin counts and layouts. DE9 has 9 pins on two rows and DE15 (used for SVGA) has 15 pins in three rows.

no this mixer has only xlr balanced inputs no 1/4 jacks this was made at the the time mainly for studio use made from England but thanks

If it has XLR inputs why are we talking about db25 plugs? Just use the XLR's.

Can you attach a photo of the mixer and connections?

Alan.

Back