100%

Good tune man....reminds me of a popular radio song...can't think of the name at the moment though....on the tip of my tongue,....hmmm...it'll come to me...

vox is super cool....good spacial seperation on the harmonies....guit has a nice steady tone to it....did you compress it? perhaps a little tweak up in volume on the guit....bass is cool....drums are buried though man....the lead guit is way low in spots but it is placed where it would kill the vox if you raised it....

Man those vox at 2:04 are awesome!!

very cool,
Joe

Hey Jamal, good to see you again. Nice song man.

The vocals around 1:00 should be panned a little more. They're fighting for their own space here. Do you btw, have any idea why they sound so gritty ?

Guitars sound very mono....conscious choice? I think you can make it fuller by doubling the part and panning both parts.

Another great tune. The first pass through all the backing vocals has some anomolies but it all suonded great. I really lked the backing vocals and the musicbox guitar lick (and rthe lyrics :) ).

Mix wise, all the vocal tracks seemed way louder than the band on my speakers.

Doug

Jamal Bucket said:
...well chris harris begged me not to post this cause its full of AWESOME vocals that i sang nice and flat....
BAHAHAhahahaa... Yeah, THAT'S the way it happened.

Here's the ACTUAL conversation, pasted from IM chat?

jamalbuchet@hotmail.com says:
i am SOOOoooo gonna' post this in the clinic to see if i can get any of those jerks to say it's good... they're like SHEEP!! i post, they bleat out whatever i want.

Honest Mango says:
Sorry, I was feeding the dog; did you say something about posting a song? That's great. I encourage it.

jamalbuchet @hotmail.com says:
i'm gonna' tell the idiot brigade in the clinic that YOU think the vocals suck...because i'd like some compliments on my vocals right about now. everybody hates you, lmao. i'm the master...watch, they'll all say the vocals rule now.

Honest Mango says:
Jamal, I really worry about you sometimes.

There, that's more like it.

has a weezer vibe at the begnning..........the vocal could probably use some pitch fixing, but i'm not one who should talk about that:cool:

nice song.......i might back of the tamborine just a touch........

I like the song a lot...(Baaahh baaa) and the vocals are very nice too (Baah Baa baah) and the genius of your writing is only overshadowed by the need to prostate myself at your feet! (Baa-baah -baaaa)

:D

Actually....a good good song......catchy ya' know. Vox was fine....a few issues but nothing much......a little harsh though.

:D:D:D:D:D LMFAO!!!!

Naw guys......it's the middle of the day. I only get drunk at gigs........but thanks for having faith in me! :D:D:D

That pic ; lmfao. Nice.

I like the way all threads eventually digress into conversations about Lt. Bob's drinking problem...then fade into pics of Chad during his commute to work.

BTW - I haven't heard this yet, Jamal. I'm sure it sucks, though. I'll get around to it eventually. Looking forward to hearing these much discussed vocals.

some nice vocal harmonies in most spots, and a good song.. especially the heavier change.. I like that part a lot!

the mix is all screwed up and there are performance issues out the ass, but people aren't focusing on that I guess.. :D

Re: Re: 100%

chrisharris said:
BAHAHAhahahaa... Yeah, THAT'S the way it happened.

Here's the ACTUAL conversation, pasted from IM chat?

jamalbuchet@hotmail.com says:
i am SOOOoooo gonna' post this in the clinic to see if i can get any of those jerks to say it's good... they're like SHEEP!! i post, they bleat out whatever i want.

Honest Mango says:
Sorry, I was feeding the dog; did you say something about posting a song? That's great. I encourage it.

jamalbuchet @hotmail.com says:
i'm gonna' tell the idiot brigade in the clinic that YOU think the vocals suck...because i'd like some compliments on my vocals right about now. everybody hates you, lmao. i'm the master...watch, they'll all say the vocals rule now.

Honest Mango says:
Jamal, I really worry about you sometimes.

There, that's more like it.
Fuck, and just think I was going to make this a gushing review:( your loss man:D this rocks bro and I don't give a damn how much chrisharris hates you:D Damn good tune!

the jerk

Jamal, I loved the song, but there are definitely some problems in the mix. The vocal levels are weird (to me anyway) some parts stick out more than others where I think they should be more homogenous. I'd try panning the guitars out of the way some too. I could hear everything OK in headphones, but the overall effect was too mono for my taste.

Twist

Vocals come in and out of tune in places. Drums are just too buried for my taste. Sounds like some compression was needed on the main vocal, it just jumps out inconsistently in places.

ok last stop before i head out of town...

joro:..thanks..hopefully i brought the music up in relationship to the vocals...drums are up too now as well...."a song on the radio".well thats got to be a good thing !

ped:..i did double the guitar parts but now they are spread a bit wider maybe that will help..??..i think the vox are gritty as a result of marlboro lights over the past 15 years...lol...

doug h:..haha yeah well this is the first thing i have tried mixing using actual monitors..(yorkvilles)..and the vocals for whatever reason came out WAAAY louder in the mix...i think i remedied that ..thanks..its an odd chord progresion (for me anyway) to sing to..so im sure the "anomolies" you heard was me searching for the right note..not a whole lot of forethought went into this..;)

chris harris:...LMAO!...jeez after all that you would have thought a guy would actually LISTEN TO THE SONG ..and make some suggestions....

powderfingaz:..tamborine backed off accordingly ..over..

lt. bob:..baaaa....thanks...baaaa...LMAO:D ...baaaaaa...my "genius" always tends to be overshadowed ALOT....baaaa

sabbacide:...you know i wasnt sure about that heavier part ...if it fit with the rest...but it came out pretty cool...its just what i started playing on the guitar after the chorus...so then i had to go back and make something vocally to fit over the top...i do that alot...usually fails pretty miserably..thanks tho ...yeah LOTS of other issues..but im out of town for the next 5 weeks or so so i wanted to get it somewhat done so i could eventually come back to it.

the jerk:...hahaha thanks david...chris just likes to be a dick ..in real life he is a lawyer and spends all day kissing peoples asses..so im sure this is some sort of "release" for him...well this and driving around late at night and beating up hookers..

taaaaaaawist:..yeah ..i hear ya...it isnt anything i would send out to any of the producers that constantly call me begging me to stop by the studio......and by "producers' i mean "grocers"...and studio is code for.."safeway"....lol...thanks tho glad you liked it enough to take thte time to comment!

middleman:....well shit dont sugarcoat it man TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!..lol...ok...vocals compressed...i cant do anything about being out of tune...my stuffs already packed up...drums now louder..

ok in a moment i will have a new mix of this up ...

thanks guys ..im outta hear for probably the next month till i get internet access in the new house and all that fun stuff.....

feel free to use this thread as a HUGE flame fest if ya need to..!!!

JAMAL

http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles same title
:D

Last edited:
Much better (not that I listened to the first mix), but I'm able to concentrate more on the song now than the warts. :D

I think I know what bugs me most about your drum sounds...the snare and hat and cymbals are just too damned "bright" to be real...especially that snare. Can you dull 'em up a bit? If you need help making stuff duller, I'm the man.

To a certain degree,
You can count on me,
To a certain extent, 100 per cent

Yup, that's you bro, lmao.

I found some pills in the couch,
I hope they kick in by 2,
Could I please borrow your car,
I've got a job interview

And my personal favorite:

If you needed a friend,
who's only there when it's fun,
and if you wanna' make sure,
that something never gets done...

I love the "Jamalness" of it all. Hell, it's damned near autobiographical!!

That outro guit starts out pretty hot...gets better, but starts off way too loud, lol.

I'm starting to like this more now that I can listen to it, lol.

Back